Print Center Repair allows the user to do the following:
- Verify the root user
- Verify and recreate the daemon user
- Verify and repair Print Center file permissions
- Verify and repair the /System/Library/Printers directory permissions
- Reset Print Center
- Verify and repair the /private/var/spool directory
- Delete CUPS spool files
- Verify and repair the /private/tmp directory
- Verify and repair the CUPS directories
- Verify the status of the cupsd process
- View and modify the hostconfig file
- Delete hidden temporary files
- Delete Print Center preferences
- Delete custom preset preferences
- Delete the pre-installed drivers
- Install PPD files
What's new in this version:
- Added Adobe Acrobat 6 support to the Reset Print Center option.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the creation of the log file if the /Users/username/Library/Logs directory did not exist. The directory is now created if it is missing.
- Fixed a bug that may have caused Print Center Repair to report that it was being used with the wrong OS version.
- Fixed a bug with PPD installations for Classic mode that prevented the PPD file from being used.
- Fixed a bug with the a... See all new features »