Print Center Repair is designed to rectify situations where Print Center will not open, printers cannot be added, and numerous other errors. Although Print Center Repair cannot fix every printing problem, it is capable of resolving most of the common ones. Full instructions are included.
Print Center Repair allows the user to do the following:
- Verify the root user
- Verify and recreate the daemon user
- Verify and repair Print Center file permissions
- Verify and repair the /System/Library/Printers directory permissions
- Reset Print Center
- Verify and repair the /private/var/spool directory
- Delete CUPS spool files
- Verify and repair the /private/tmp directory
- Verify and repair the CUPS directories
- Verify the status of the cupsd process
- View and modify the hostconfig file
- Delete hidden temporary files
- Delete Print Center preferences
- Delete custom preset preferences
- Delete the pre-installed drivers
- Install PPD files
What's new in this version:
- Added Adobe Acrobat 6 support to the Reset Print Center option.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the creation of the log file if the /Users/username/Library/Logs directory did not exist. The directory is now created if it is missing.
- Fixed a bug that may have caused Print Center Repair to report that it was being used with the wrong OS version.
- Fixed a bug with PPD installations for Classic mode that prevented the PPD file from being used.
- Fixed a bug with the a... See all new features »