CNET Editors' review
PowerPoint Slide Show Converter promises to convert PowerPoint presentations to slideshows without the need for any additional programs. While this claim is partially true and PowerPoint Slide Show Converter delivers results, the program doesn't fully live up to its promises.
This program could not be much simpler, which we thought was fantastic. Most likely, you will not need to take a trip to the Help file, since the converter outlines every step on screen and practically holds your hand during the intuitive process. You are given a chance to operate the converter in Simple or Special Mode. Special Mode allows for greater flexibility, by providing opportunities to add custom features to the PowerPoint file such as changing the timing and adding sound. However, we were told we needed Microsoft PowerPoint to operate Special Mode, even though the description says we can run a slideshow without additional programs. Fortunately, Simple mode converted our presentation into a simple slideshow that could also be used as a screen saver and performed its duty quickly, easily, and intuitively.
Special features were light on this simple program. Highlights include an option for creating an autorun file for burning the file onto a CD and a handy preview button that lets you see the program before converting it. The 30-day trial period is plenty of time to navigate the program. While we were pleased with the Simple Mode, we were disappointed with the Special Mode option and would only recommend this download for those with very basic needs for PowerPoint slides.
PowerPoint Slide Show Converter turns a presentation created with Microsoft PowerPoint into a self-running slide show application (executable file) or a screen saver that can be copied to any computer. Send someone your PowerPoint presentation, distribute it via the internet or through data CDs, the best way to ensure that everyone can view your presentation (not only those who has the needed version of PowerPoint installed on their computers) is to convert to a self-running slide show using PowerPoint Slide Show Converter. Does not require to have Microsoft PowerPoint installed, but if you do have Microsoft PowerPoint, you are able to use the Enhanced Mode which gives you additional possibilities. The Enhanced Mode conversion is a one-way process, the source .PPT file cannot be restored from the converted .exe file, so PowerPoint Slide Show Converter is also useful to protect PowerPoint presentations from unauthorized editing.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Create Flash presentations and e-learning courses from MS Power...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Convert PowerPoint presentations to various video formats.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Create your own 32-bit Windows applications from flash.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Transform your PowerPoint presentations into different document...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Compile a complete Web site or Web service into a standalone ex...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Convert your PowerPoint PPT presentations into professional sta...
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Create presentations featuring PowerPoint slides, audio, video,...
- Transform your PowerPoint presentations into web-ready Flash fo...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Transform your PowerPoint presentations to Flash format.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Gather a collection of HTML pages and turn it into a self-runni...
- Convert PowerPoint presentation to Flash within three clicks.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"A Useful PPTX Converter Software..."
Version: PowerPoint Slide Show Converter 220.127.116.11
PPTX Converter the most professional powerpoint 2007 converter. It is used to convert pptx files to pdf, doc, docx, docm, xls, xlsm, xlsx, txt, rtf, htm, html, url, jpg, jpeg, tga, bmp, rle, png, emf, wmf, gif, tif, flv, swf, etc.
This PPTX Converter can not only convert pptx to ppt but also convert pptx to flash files such as swf and flv. Then you can upload these video to YouTube, your Blog, your Space, and other websites to share with.
With the PPTX Converter, you can create PDF file from documents including ppt, pptx, pptm. PPTX Converter can convert PPTX to JPEG image file and convert PPTX slide to JPG picture file. It is the best PPTX converter, which is both powerful and easy to use.
"This program is okay for simple PowerPoint Presentations."
Version: PowerPoint Slide Show Converter 18.104.22.168
Easy to install and use to convert PowerPoint Presentation to .exe file. Best used on presentations that do not have any sounds or music.
The presenation I wanted to convert to .exe file had sound effects and music. This coverter only converted the slides without the sound effects and music. Also, the image quality of my photos seemed to degrade a little bit.
"Okay until you want to send a .pps to a Microsoft Outlook recipient"
Version: PowerPoint Slide Show Converter 2.1
Quick and very easy to use.
I cannot send a converted file (.pps) to a MS Outlook recipient as it recognised as 'potentially unsafe'.