CNET Editors' review
If you need an easy way to create disk images, it's hard to imagine an option that's easier than PowerISO. This simple program makes it a breeze to create disk images in several different formats, open existing images, and burn disk images to CDs and DVDs.
PowerISO has a straightforward interface that's easy to navigate. A set of clearly marked buttons across the top make the program's main features easily accessible. It took us just a few seconds to navigate to a handful of files we wanted to include and then save them as an ISO file, though the program also gave us the option of DAA and BIN files. PowerISO also has options for mounting and compressing existing disk images, as well as burning disk images to disks. A built-in Help file is brief but well-written. There's a configuration menu from which to select options for virtual drives and audio formats. PowerISO doesn't overwhelm with its features -- its capabilities are fairly basic -- but it gets high marks for being easy to use and providing disk image tools that meet the needs of users at all levels.
The trial version of PowerISO limits users to creating disk images of 300M or less. The program installs a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls cleanly.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of PowerISO 5.4.PowerISO - Burn, create, and convert ISOs - Download Video Previews:
From PowerISO Computing:
PowerISO is a powerful CD / DVD / BD image file processing tool, which allows you to open, extract, burn, create, edit, compress, encrypt, split and convert ISO files, and mount ISO files with internal virtual drive. It can process almost all CD / DVD / BD image files including ISO and BIN files. PowerISO provides an all-in-one solution. You can do every thing with your ISO files and disc image files.
What's new in this version: Version 5.6 support burning to multiple drives simultaneously, viewing drive and disk information, and some minor bug fixes and enhancements.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Rip CDs, convert audio files, and burn discs easily.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Convert and backup DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, ...
- Download YouTube videos and convert them into MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Convert FLAC audio files to MP3.
- Create, edit, and burn disc images.
- Emulate up to 18 DVD/BD drives.
- Convert between WAV and mp3, wma, ogg, and FLAC.
- Convert audio between formats such as MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, M4A, ...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 file.
- Format floppy disks.
- Back up files and prevent your computer from system failures or...
- Create ISO files from your computer and burn ISO files to your ...
- Free up disk space by finding and deleting useless files.
- Clean out your registry and boost your PC performance.
- Defrag and optimize your hard drive for enhanced performance.
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 327 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: PowerISO 5.6
-Has many functions
-Trial for 300 mb only but the use of the software doesnt end,so it's good
-I don't like the startup dialog with that animation
-I would rather download it with my IDM or just the software rather than using CNET safe download that ask if I wanna install toolbar,add-on
Good software..it deserve to be where it is now,but please no ads okay