CNET Editors' review
Learn about the world of polyhedrons with Poly. The program lets users build cubes and varieties of polyhedrons to explore and manipulate onscreen. Geometry teachers and math buffs alike will enjoy this program.
Poly's interface is fairly intuitive to use, but there is a demo that you can watch and a Help file that you can consult for extra guidance. The Help file includes information about handy keyboard shortcuts, as well as information about Polyhedron categories. You can export the shapes that Poly renders as GIF files, which is handy for math teachers who want to create geometry worksheets for their students. We liked this feature because you could use these GIFs for many purposes, including posting them on Web pages or incorporating them into documents. From the Print menu, you can print shapes rendered in Poly, and you can make a PDF of your document. Poly renders the shapes in color, and you can change the colors with a built-in color palette tool. The varieties of file types for printing and exporting make it a very versatile tool.
Poly installs and uninstalls without any issues. The program would be a nice addition to any geometry classroom, and is a program that any geometry enthusiast would enjoy exploring.
From Pedagoguery Software:
Poly is a shareware program for exploring and constructing polyhedra. With Poly, you can manipulate polyhedral solids on the computer in a variety of ways. Flattened versions (nets) of polyhedra may be printed and then cut out, folded, and taped, to produce three-dimensional models. Poly is used in schools and homes and offers English, Dutch, Spanish, French, Danish, German, Italian, Polish, Hungarian, Estonian, Traditional Chinese, and Korean interface.
More Products to Consider
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- View DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Transfer PDF files and objects to OneNote.
- Concatenate and extract PDF files.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Create attractive symmetric planar illustrations.
- View all the Fonts installed on PC.
- Produce graphs of implicit equations and inequalities.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Get a graphic tool that provides a standard for typesetting mat...
- Explore and construct polyhedra in different verities.
- Create Adobe PDF files with the push of a button.
- Plot geographic information system data.
- Provide a powerful equation plotter with numerical and calculus...
- Capture, process, and save on-screen text as ASCII.
- Create assemblies up to 60 parts and design product parts on PC...
- Create constructions with points, vectors, and segments for lat...
- Improve your grammar and writing to create better business repo...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-0 of 0
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: