CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
Pocket is the successor to the megapopular short-term bookmarking tool Read It Later. It offers much of the core functionality of Read It Later, plus it comes with a number of improved features and a completely redesigned interface.
Essentially a short-term bookmarking tool, Pocket helps you better manage your online media consumption across all of your different devices, regardless of platform. With it, you can put lengthy articles or videos away and queue them up for reading and watching later, from any of your devices. This can be incredibly convenient when, say, you come across a video on your phone, but you realize you'd rather watch it on your desktop. With Pocket, the transition is seamless.
Once you've signed up for a required Pocket account, saving items to your list is simple. Whether you're reading an article in a browser or watching a video in the YouTube app, you can hit Menu and share the page with Pocket. And most items will automatically be cached for offline access (videos excluded). You can choose to save either full pages or stripped-down versions, which show only words, images, captions and video links from an article. All content can be stored right on your SD card, unless you elect otherwise. When accessing your list from the Pocket app, it's also easy to sort by content type (text, video, or image), and to edit items in bulk.
Because Pocket has an open API, it has come to be conveniently integrated with a host of mobile and desktop applications. This means you can save links to your Pocket list from your favorite Twitter client, YouTube, Yelp, Google Reader, and so on. And the list of partners is growing. You can also share any item from Pocket with your device's other applications just the same.
When you're finished with items on your Pocket list, you can check them off to move them to your Read Archive. It's a great safeguard in case you missed something and want to see already-viewed content again.
Overall, I can't recommend Pocket highly enough. Because it's so convenient to pull up on any device and it seamlessly integrates with so many different applications, I find myself using it on a daily basis.
From Read It Later:
Use Pocket (previously Read It Later) when you discover an interesting article, video or web page, but don't have time to view it. Once it's in Pocket, it's on your phone, tablet or computer. You can read an article during a flight, see a web page while you wait in line or watch a video while relaxing at home.
What's new in this version:
- Stunning New Design: Our new visual list includes thumbnail images for your saved content, so it's easier to see what you've saved.
- Beautiful Viewing Experience: We've created a lighter, cleaner and (in our humble opinion) more beautiful interface and full-screen reader view. It's the best way to read articles or watch videos from your phone, tablet or browser.
- Easy Access to Video and Images: Pocket isn't just the best way to save something to read, but it's also the b... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Navigate the web with fast and free full-featured browser for A...
- Accumulate all Web trends in one place.
- Browse and bring your personalized Chrome experience with you a...
- Browse the web fast and smooth.
- Surf the Web comfortably, relying on speed, safety, and power o...
- Navigate the Internet with your Android device while saving tra...
- Surf the Web with browser with built-in download management and...
- Get the latest tech news straight to your tablet!.
- Enjoy a smarter, richer, and interactive Android mobile Web exp...
- A simple tool to save web pages for reading later.
- Browse the Web with your Android smartphone.
- Discover, mash and share news and entertainment on your Android...
- Experience the experimental channel for Mozilla Firefox on your...
- Stay up to date on your favorite news, blogs, and entertainment...
- Accumulate all Web trends in one place.
- This is the #1 App for Minecraft PE Mods! *FREE* This app comes...
- Decode Code128 barcode image using C/C++.
- Get social, smart, and fast mobile browser for your Android dev...
- Decode Code39 barcode image using C/C++.
- Decode Databar barcode image using C/C++.
- Read books on your Android phone.
- View mobile or desktop versions of sites.
- View PDF files on your Android mobile device.
- Navigate the Internet using your Android device.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content