CNET Editors' reviewThis strategy game lets you command a crew of cutthroat pirates. In Pirate Isles, your goal is to collect more gold than the other teams while avoiding various hazards and enemy attacks. The roll of the die determines how many moves you have, and you can either advance one character deeper into the gameboard or bring more of your men off the ship. Not only must you guard your treasure from the other sea scoundrels, but you also should take care to avoid elephant attacks, swamps, and tornados. The graphics and sound effects aren t mind-blowing, but they get the point across without detracting from the experience. Pirate Isles lets you select from three difficulty levels, specify the size of the board, and play against the computer or other humans. Unfortunately, the game window can t be resized, so you ll have to constantly move your mouse to see the action on other parts of the island. Even on the easiest level, we had a tough time collecting more gold than the opposing pirates, so we think this application will provide a decent challenge to casual fans of turn-based strategy games.
Pirate Isles is a game of strategy and luck about treasure hunts and exotic pirates. You control the team of pirates who explore the island and try to collect more gold then the enemy pirate teams. The game can be played with multiple human players, as well as with computer-controlled pirate teams. You will be able to invite your friends and family to play with you. The game supports up to four human players in the hot-seat mode.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Find multiplayer gaming sessions on the net.
- Optimize your system performance and realize advanced hardware ...
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Create virtual CD/DVD-ROMs and burn backup copies of your favor...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Copy, compare, and pack your files, even upload them to FTP.
- Strategize the rise and fall of your empire.
- Play 450 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Score goals by any means possible in this futuristic, real-time...
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Edit voice and sound recordings on a Windows PC.