CNET Editors' reviewThis unique game won't blow your mind with top-of-the-line graphics or incredible features, but it will challenge you. In Ping Ball, you must set up a series of mirrors in such a way that your ball will reflect to remove obstacles and collect the small red icons. The puzzles come in different shapes and sizes, and we thought solving even the first one on a normal speed level was quite a chore. And once more than one ball enters the picture, you'll really have to think fast. Besides selecting the ball speed, you can choose to disable the soundtrack and play in full-screen mode. Happily, the application also includes a level editor for designing your own custom games. Ping Ball's graphics get the point across but certainly aren't amazing, though many users may be too busy solving the puzzles to notice this. From what we saw, the demo offers enough different puzzles to make it worth a download. Anyone seeking an unconventional yet engaging puzzle game should give this one some attention.
Ping Ball is an arcade puzzler for the entire family. The idea is simple: bounce ping balls around the screen by dropping mirrors in their path and use them to collect all the spinning gems and crystals on each level. The game has CD-quality sound and music, and 16.7 million color graphics. Version 1.1 includes 30 levels, three bonus minigames, and a level editor.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Surf the Web with the latest Microsoft browser for Windows XP o...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Track, report and share information using database solutions.
- Collect all the bombs and get to the next level.
- Play 475 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Surf the Web comfortably, relying on speed, safety, and power o...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Eat your way through the dots and defeat the ghosts.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Explore the Web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Form words to unlock new doors and challenges.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: