CNET Editors' review
Piggly Christmas Edition is a basic game in which users must locate and roll apples to Mrs. Piggly's house, all while devouring sweets and avoiding hazards along the way. The game's not awful, but we didn't find it particularly fun or impressive.
The first thing about Piggly Christmas Edition that we found off-putting was its Christmas-ness. The only things Christmasy about the game are the Santa hat that Mrs. Piggly wears and the fact that her house is adorned with Christmas decorations. Apparently we are supposed to ignore the fact that the first level of the game is called "A Spring Morning." We haven't played the original Piggly, but we suspect that it's very much like the Christmas edition. Beyond the cheesy Christmasization of the game, we just didn't think it was that much fun. The premise of the game is that Mrs. Piggly has to find apples and roll them home so that she can make apple pies. Along the way she encounters worms and rabbits that will eat her apples, killer bees, hidden treats, and a host of other hazards and bonuses. In-game instructions explain each new concept. We found it challenging to stay in control of the rolling apples, and not in a fun way. We always know we're reviewing a good game when we have trouble pulling ourselves away from it and actually writing the review. That was not the case with Piggly Christmas Edition; we couldn't wait to be done with it.
Piggly Christmas Edition has an eight-level trial limitation. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program with reservations.
From InterAction studios:
Have you ever seen a pig climb up a tree? Juggle apples? Perform a somersault? Then you haven't met Mrs. Piggly yet. She's a pig on a mission, and her mission is to bake delicious homemade apple pies for her piglets. So she's gone out to the forest to gather some apples. But those apples aren't coming in without a fight. Countless environmental dangers await in her path (not to mention the forest's many hungry inhabitants), ready to snatch her apples from right under her nose. Only with your help can Mrs. Piggly overcome rain, sleet and snow and coax those apples safely into her home. Tonight's dessert rests in your hands.
More Products to Consider
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Battle hordes of space chickens.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Fight off an army of invading Easter Bunnies.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Defend yourself against waves of chicken invasions.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Track chat-room sessions, e-mails, and instant messages, and pr...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Fight with Pokemon-like characters in order to free the island ...
- Bring presents to mazes of deep space while avoiding malicious ...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Improve visual acuity and pattern recognition skills critical f...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Help the three cousins find their way back to homeland.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Join the snowman and his two companions as they skate near Sant...
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Remove pegs from a board in this puzzle logic game.
- Help Sonic overcome the evil Robotnik.