CNET Editors' review
Piggly Christmas Edition is a basic game in which users must locate and roll apples to Mrs. Piggly's house, all while devouring sweets and avoiding hazards along the way. The game's not awful, but we didn't find it particularly fun or impressive.
The first thing about Piggly Christmas Edition that we found off-putting was its Christmas-ness. The only things Christmasy about the game are the Santa hat that Mrs. Piggly wears and the fact that her house is adorned with Christmas decorations. Apparently we are supposed to ignore the fact that the first level of the game is called "A Spring Morning." We haven't played the original Piggly, but we suspect that it's very much like the Christmas edition. Beyond the cheesy Christmasization of the game, we just didn't think it was that much fun. The premise of the game is that Mrs. Piggly has to find apples and roll them home so that she can make apple pies. Along the way she encounters worms and rabbits that will eat her apples, killer bees, hidden treats, and a host of other hazards and bonuses. In-game instructions explain each new concept. We found it challenging to stay in control of the rolling apples, and not in a fun way. We always know we're reviewing a good game when we have trouble pulling ourselves away from it and actually writing the review. That was not the case with Piggly Christmas Edition; we couldn't wait to be done with it.
Piggly Christmas Edition has an eight-level trial limitation. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program with reservations.
From InterAction studios:
Have you ever seen a pig climb up a tree? Juggle apples? Perform a somersault? Then you haven't met Mrs. Piggly yet. She's a pig on a mission, and her mission is to bake delicious homemade apple pies for her piglets. So she's gone out to the forest to gather some apples. But those apples aren't coming in without a fight. Countless environmental dangers await in her path (not to mention the forest's many hungry inhabitants), ready to snatch her apples from right under her nose. Only with your help can Mrs. Piggly overcome rain, sleet and snow and coax those apples safely into her home. Tonight's dessert rests in your hands.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Battle hordes of space chickens.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Defend your island against the enemy invasion.
- Arrange smileys into pairs so that they do not share any common...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Help Santa recover from a sleigh accident and make his deliveri...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Dash across the galaxy to save Earth from the latest & greatest...
- Game where you build large crystal formations.
- Play 475 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Advance through waves of invading chickens, avoid falling eggs,...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Search for hidden clues, locate missing objects.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.