CNET Editors' review
It's so easy to take pictures and store them on your PC that you could quickly end up with the digital equivalent of the old shoebox stuffed with photos. You keep meaning to organize them into displays or albums, but it just never happens and eventually you aren't even sure who some of the people are or why you took the photos. Thankfully, Picture Collage Maker Pro offers a simple way to help you organize your photos into customized albums, calendars, special occasion cards, and more.
As soon as Picture Collage Maker Pro is installed, you're directed to a video tutorial on the publisher's site that covers the basics of creating a collage. There are several other videos to show you how to make specific items like a calendar or card. The process is simple enough, but the guides will lessen the learning curve. The initial interface offers four easy-to-understand choices: one to create a collage from scratch and three that will give you help along the way, including Create From Template and Template Collage Wizard. If you're new to the process, we suggest you start with a template and use the wizard. We started with a calendar template, which required us to simply choose the photos we wanted to include. Picture Collage Maker Pro does all the rest, inserting your selected photos into the template. You have the option to shuffle pictures and you can move the preset items easily with your mouse, but you can also opt to save the collages without making any changes. As you learn more about the program, you'll find that it's also easy to create your own items.
You don't need any special design or digital image expertise to use Picture Collage Maker Pro. The trial version adds a watermark to your final product and you're only allowed a 15-day trial period, but considering how easy it is to use the program that should be more than enough for you to see if this app is right for you.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Picture Collage Maker Pro 3.3.9.
From PearlMountain Software:
Picture Collage Maker Pro, a simple-to-use Windows program that turns ordinary photos and pictures into stunning keepsakes to share with family and friends. With just a few clicks, you can create collages, scrapbooks, posters, invitations, calendars, and greeting cards. Unlike photography software that takes days to master, Picture Collage Maker Pro lets both seasoned collagers and new hobbyists become productive in minutes. Picture Collage Maker Pro comes with a library of professionally-drawn templates that offer you a wide variety of photo layouts and backgrounds for your collage. It lets you transform your special pictures into precious memories.
What's new in this version: Version 3.3.9 has provided support for German and Japanese, and fixed some bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Create amazing photo collages and scrapbooks really fun and cre...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Create a gorgeous photo collage by few clicks.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Turn your photos into collage and make them into desktop wallpa...
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Create stunning collages quickly and effortlessly.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Process images in batch mode at the click of a button by using ...
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Create impressive photo collage automatically in a few clicks.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Convert your image files and view it in text mode.
- Create and customize digital scrapbook and photo collage.
- Capture screenshots of your desktop screen.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Crippled by watermarking"
Version: Picture Collage Maker Pro 3.1.4 build 3534
Could be downloaded free
Every collage was prominently watermarked
Where I read about Picture Collage Maker it was said to be a free download. It was described as fully functional. Downloading a free program with basic features is okay with me. Then the publisher can offer me a version with more features. This download was crippled for my purposes in that every collage was prominently watermarked. I was to pay $60 to get the watermarks to go away. I did not use it any further. A time-limited starter version is one thing, and so is a limited number of uses, so long as the work I do with the program is usable. But a deliberately crippled product is just a tease. I downloaded another product frankly marketed at $20, and it performs as described, with no Gotcha factor.
"This is a super good collage software"
Version: Picture Collage Maker Pro 2.5.7 build 3314
Simple interface, plenty of templates, easy to customize, easy to load picture and create a collage and export them in a jiffy in any prefered format.
Wondering why so many thumbs down, though.
Thanks Pearl Mountain.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: