CNET Editors' review
Photozig Albums Express offers a step-by-step process so you can design your project from start to finish.
Big button icons with descriptions make it easy to start your project and select the preferred output for your images including sending in e-mail, burning to a CD, or uploading to a Web site. The finished product is a basic layout of thumbnails that you can click to enlarge, but you'll have no skins to choose from with this one. Still, Photozig sports three configurations for beginners, intermediates, and advanced users, keeping it simple until you know what you're doing. Photozig also supports basic editing features such as red-eye removal, EXIF data importing, and slide show creation. However, you can't crop images.
The Photozig Web site requires you register with an e-mail address, but you'll be able to display your albums on the Web for free once you're signed up. If you're looking for a basic, no-frills album, it's hard to go wrong with Photozig.
Create beautiful albums and slideshows with music, retouch your photos, edit quickly, burn CD/DVD, email. Photozig Albums is the complete easy solution for managing digital photos and slideshows on your computer with integrated Web/e-mail sharing tools. Using Photozig Albums, you can easily transfer pictures from your camera, create photo albums, organize them in any way you want, search with tags/keywords, and share with your family and friends all in one program. Let Photozig Albums make every picture look perfect with Red-eye correction, cropping, and "Quick Fix" to correct brightness/contrast/levels to produce a great photo. Make a mistake? Photozig Albums always preserves the original - you can always undo any changes. You can organize your photos into albums and create slideshows with photos + MP3 songs or even screensavers. Photozig Albums includes a uploader to a cool Web site with slideshows, theme skins (Personalize) and web photo manager/editor (Organize).
What's new in this version: Version 1.0.313 has better support for the Smart Update feature when running on Windows Vista and Windows 7.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Display your digital photos in a 3D photo album, virtual art ga...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Manage and edit your digital photos with correction and archivi...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Organize, edit, enhance, share, and archive your photos.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and share your digital photo albums.
- Create and compress photo albums and interactive slideshows.
- Create online photo albums or burn slideshow DVDs with you phot...
- Copy, organize, and share pictures/movies from digital cameras ...
- Modify, convert, and organize your images.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 54 votes
Current version:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Can't burn DVD's"
Version: Photozig Albums Express 1.0.313
Not sure since it doesn't work as advertised
Very non-intuitive interface
Can't burn DVDs despite what it says in the "Publisher's Description"
The workflow and interface are very cumbersome. I'm surprised the ratings for this program are so high. I suppose this program might be fine for maintaining your image library, but the only thing I want to do is burn a simple slideshow onto a DVD, and the amount of overhead required just to get to that point is too much. Worst of all, although it says "burn CD/DVD" in the Publisher's Description, as far as I can tell it only does CDs. False advertising, and a total waste of my time. Thanks for nothing, Photozig.
"Excellent software, does the job"
Version: Photozig Albums Express 1.0.313
I was looking for an easy way to share photographs along with music in a slideshow on CD - it took about 15 mins (without looking at the Help files) to get it sorted out and written.
Only con is it copies the photos so you land up with duplicates; and when deleting an album it gives the impression it will delete the originals rather than the copies (which is what really goes).
Correction: sorry I see now it doesn't make copies - I was fooled because even if you choose to delete the originals it doesn't do it - but best not to choose to delete even so, as they may update and correct that!
Updated on Dec 18, 2010