CNET Editors' review
PhotoSweeper for Mac finds identical and highly similar photos and marks them for deletion. This premium product comes with a demo version and features several image comparison methods with adjustable settings, as well as a beautiful user interface that makes it a joy to use. Another noteworthy feature is the integration with professional photo editors like iPhoto, Aperture, and Adobe Lightroom.
When started, PhotoSweeper for Mac presents you with a few tips on using the software and then reveals a media browser window where you can drop iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom photo libraries. If you have a folder with images instead, you can drag and drop it directly into the main window. From the side pane you can either view additional info about the images or choose and adjust one of six comparison methods. The app is speedy, taking 23 seconds to analyze 100 images using a bitmap comparison method and the highest match setting. After the comparison you are taken to the Results page where the app suggests duplicate photos for deletion. Here we had a 100 percent success rate with finding the duplicates. In case of close matches, the app allows you to compare the images side by side.
If you have a large photo library that contains many similar images, using a comparison tool like PhotoSweeper for Mac will help you reduce the number of photos and hence regain disk space. The app comes at a cost, but its great interface and good integration with the OS and other apps fully justify it. You won't regret downloading this one.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of PhotoSweeper for Mac 1.9.4.
PhotoSweeper helps quickly and efficiently eliminate similar or duplicate photos. Photos are compared regardless of their sizes or formats and grouped by similarity. It works with photos from iPhoto, Aperture and Adobe Lightroom libraries as well as photos from your Mac. Whether you're a professional photographer, hobbyist, or just someone in need of more hard disk space, PhotoSweeper packs a powerful punch in de-cluttering any size collection.
What's new in this version:
- Ready for Mavericks (OS X 10.9).
- Fully supported Retina displays.
- Significantly increased comparison speed (up to 10x).
- Extended the "Auto Mark" rules.
- Improved compatibility with iPhoto, Aperture, and Adobe Lightroom 5.
More Products to Consider
- Create, alter, and manipulate photos.
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Post production tool for photographers.
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows.
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Detects duplicates, thumbnails, thumbnails of faces, missing ph...
- Create logos that look like a Photoshop guru spent hours labori...
- Tool for launching Photoshop plug-ins in Lightroom, Aperture, i...
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Twitter-plugin for iPhoto and Aperture.
- Digitally repairs out of focus photos.
- Snagit gives you all the tools needed to create engaging images...
- Create never-seen-before animations in no time and tell you sto...
- Learn how to import, edit, and organize your photos using iPhot...
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- Watermark your photos via Aperture.
- View comic and manga images.
- Create striking animations using pics, videos, music.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- IPhoto export plugin for simple image archiving.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content