CNET Editors' review
PhotoShine allows users to place their photos into 700 different templates (the trial limits you to 102). The quality of the templates varies greatly; some look pretty nice and could conceivably be printed and framed for display. Others...not so much.
Though the interface was somewhat ugly, it was uncluttered and easy enough to use. The templates that purport to make your photo look like it is featured on a magazine cover are particularly bad, with terrible text and the occasional spelling error. Many of the other templates seem to be made for teenage girls only, which is fine if you fall into that demographic, but you may find the selection a bit limited if you don't. Whether or not all of the templates were to our liking, we have to give the program a big thumbs up for its ease of use. You can easily load photos from your computer into the program and adjust them so that they are properly centered within the template. With many of the templates you can use multiple photos.
PhotoShine offers limited photo-editing capabilities: users can make a photo black and white or "old" (a poorly rendered, greenish version of sepia), or give it a sketched look. All of the editing functions are easy to locate and use. The trial version is good for 30 uses, which is ample time to master PhotoShine's simple functions. We recommend PhotoShine for novice to intermediate users; more advanced users will likely want something a bit more sophisticated.PhotoShine - Insert your photos in various cool templates - Download Video Previews:
PhotoShine gives you an easy way to add your photo into different beautiful templates.Add your photo into a classical love style template, a pink girl style template, a baby cartoon template, or a magazine cover template by just one click in PhotoShine. Main Features: 1) Easy to use Just one click, you can add your photo into the template which you like. 2) 9 themes (styles), more than 680 beautiful templates included. The 9 themes are: GIRL,BABY,LOVE,SIMULATION, DREAM, MAGAZINE,FESTIVAL,FRAME and OTHER. There are more than 680 templates included in PhotoShine, which means you have more than 680 choices to make your photo more attactive.
What's new in this version: Updated templates, and new templates.
More Products to Consider
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Edit and optimize your images with various effects, frames, and...
- Edit and add dream effects to your digital photos.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Blend photos together, decorate pictures with frame, text, and ...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Blend pictures and create pretty compositions of two images.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Frame your digital photos with ease.
- Generate water-themed photos that add relaxation to your deskto...
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: PhotoShine 4.9
Designed so even the most basic simpleton could figure out how to use this. The teenage girl demographic should enjoy this for a couple days at least.
Templates overlap buttons rendering this an extremely ugly interface. My guess is it was designed by a 12 year old girl. The $39.95 is easily $39.94 more than this is worth. I highly doubt anyone would ever make it to the 30 uses before deleting off the computer.
Save yourself the effort and skip this junkware.