Phantom is the Web crawler and search engine that cuts through the information-overload to make the Web accessible. With Phantom, Webmasters can crawl targeted Web servers (or whole sites) automatically and create an index of their content. Once scanned, users of the Web site can perform searches using simple queries that will return targeted, meaningful results. Phantom also provides the Webmaster with powerful site management capabilities such as server mirroring and archiving, broken link detection, automatic updates, and more.
By scanning servers using the Web, Phantom allows seamless searches of multiple servers. In fact, any number of Web sites can be indexed and searched by a single Phantom server. So, in addition to providing users an easy way to search their sites, Webmasters can also provide search capability for other related sites.
What's new in this version:
- Word Duppy - Adds support for indexing Microsoft Word documents.
- New database engine - providing increased stability.
- Relevance Ranking - Apply weighting to key words.
- Include/Exclude pages - Now uses a substring comparison against full URLs for additional flexibility.
- CGI mode dropped - the CGI mode is no longer supported.
- Bug Fixes:
- Phantom would sometimes interpret foreign character sets incorrectly when crawling local files.
- An incorrect ... See all new features »