By scanning servers using the Web, Phantom allows seamless searches of multiple servers. In fact, any number of Web sites can be indexed and searched by a single Phantom server. So, in addition to providing users an easy way to search their sites, Webmasters can also provide search capability for other related sites.
What's new in this version:
- Word Duppy - Adds support for indexing Microsoft Word documents.
- New database engine - providing increased stability.
- Relevance Ranking - Apply weighting to key words.
- Include/Exclude pages - Now uses a substring comparison against full URLs for additional flexibility.
- CGI mode dropped - the CGI mode is no longer supported.
- Bug Fixes:
- Phantom would sometimes interpret foreign character sets incorrectly when crawling local files.
- An incorrect ... See all new features »