CNET Editors' review
This executable compiles dozens of performance monitor logs, but the data is not novice-friendly. Performance Monitor Wizard's interface quickly helps you start, stop, or delete collecting data from your system. The program's report interface opens only in Internet Explorer and defaults to a dense, unreadable graph. However, you can easily change the graph to a histogram or report. Provided you learn the secret context-click option. We guess the publisher expected the option to be secret since it isn't mentioned in the interface and there is no help file.
Performance Monitor Wizard merely starts and stops collecting the data. You'll have to find the HTML file that opens the database. The program helpfully informs you of the location, but it doesn't mention you'll need to rename the file prefix to match the HTML file included in the same folder. Opening the HTML displays a graph so full of data you can't read any data points. Context clicking the graph opens a menu with a properties option. That five-tab dialog gives you full control of the display of your performance log data. Changing data views is instantaneous and adding or closing log files is easily achieved. A simple slider controls the time range displayed, and it's easy to remove displayed data types. Considering that the program collects dozens of data types, you may find it difficult to see only the graph points you want.
There is nothing novice-friendly in the application. Performance Monitor Wizard is a tool for system administrators and similar advanced users looking to collect and display intricate system data. If you fall in that group, this freeware will save you a lot of time collecting data...time you'll spend trying to interpret it.
The Performance Monitor Wizard simplifies the process of gathering performance monitor logs. Performance Monitor Wizard configures the correct counters to collect, sample intervals, and log file sizes. This wizard can create logs for troubleshooting operating system or Exchange server performance issues. This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
What's new in this version: This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Prevent possible network problems by constant monitoring of rem...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Customize your Windows Time and monitor it remotely.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Protect data by monitoring network performance.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Monitor and control your computer resources.
- Monitor the state of up to 4 websites simultaneously and get no...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Monitor and analyze your SQL database performance metrics.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Monitor the performance of your server and receive alerts by e-...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Determine the overall health and "breakpoints" in your network.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Monitor your Web site performance online or offline.
- Monitor performance for remote/multiple Windows servers.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Monitor simultaneously your computer's CPU, disk, memory, and n...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1