CNET Editors' review
If you find yourself in a situation where you need to monitor someone's online activities, Perfect Keylogger Lite for Mac is a small tool that can effectively record key touches, screenshots, Web history, and chat sessions on your computer.
Once installed, Perfect Keylogger Lite for Mac will hide itself and record key sequences entered by the user. Simultaneously, screenshots are taken at a predefined interval and saved by the program. You have the option to set a shorter interval for certain applications only. If you suspect some interesting activity will take place in a specific application, this function will then yield more screenshots. This program can record visited sites even if private browsing is turned on. To retrieve the recorded information you activate the program with a special customizable combo key. The interface is really Windows-esque, and the icons seem to be directly borrowed from Windows XP interface. The program seems to work as advertised, even though there is no available technical support for the Lite version. Some more attractive features are missing such as password recording, e-mail delivery of log files, and e-mail alerts based on specific keywords, which are available in the Full version.
Perfect Keylogger Lite for Mac seems suitable for parents concerned about their kids' online activities, business owners who like to have complete control, and suspicious husbands and wives. This version offers some basic key logging features, while for $39.95 you can get the full package and support.
Perfect Keylogger for Mac Lite is a high quality free parental software for Apple Mac OS X. It records your kids activity on a Mac (including keystrokes, chats, websites and screenshots) to review everything later. This free monitoring software for Mac would be very useful for concerned parents.
Attention: Administrator password is required to install this software.
Available in English, Spanish, German, Italian and Portuguese.
What's new in this version: Italian translation added.
More Products to Consider
- Antivirus app powered by the open-source ClamAV engine.
- Record keystrokes, log visited websites, take screenshots and s...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Get Wi-Fi privacy and security, protect yourself from malware t...
- Maintain your anonymity online and secure your web session.
- Protects privacy online and secures your computer.
- Detect apps that establish outgoing Internet connections.
- Protect your anonymity and others' as you browse the web.
- Easy-to-use protection from viruses, Trojans and worms. Quarant...
- Scan the page behind any link you click on or any web address y...
- Detect spyware, clean up Internet privacy clutter and protects ...
- MacKeeper is like 911 for your Mac.
- Lock and unlock your Mac account by using your face and track y...
- Record keystrokes, websites, chats, and screenshots.
- Secure your privacy and maintain your anonymity while surfing t...
- Keylogger application for your Mac OS X.
- Synchronize your brainwaves to achieve a specific mood or exper...
- Covert surveillance tool that records keystrokes with email & F...
- Monitor and silently record activities on your Mac remotely.
- Protect your privacy by blocking online tracking.
- Calendar/contact management system.
- Simple utility to display your computer's uptime.
- Records keystrokes to a logfile.
- Avira Free Mac Security will keep your system clean and safe fr...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"It's the best freeware Mac Keylogger I found online"
Version: Perfect Keylogger Lite 1.1
Offers basic key logging features for free, and I think it's enough for many home users
more advanced features, like remote monitoring and other Pro features are in the full version only
this free keylogger for mac seems to be pretty new and is hard to find
"Heh it's really free!"
Version: Perfect Keylogger Lite 1.1
Just copied this keylogger on my daughter Mac to run.. Seems to be nice and do what it should be doing. It seems to be a lite version with reduced functionality, but it looks good for freeware
heh more features are welcome.. anyway on the website there is a full version but I did not try that
Seems to be good for the initial release, will play more with this mac keylogger... there is no nag screen and other limitations, that's good for freeware keylogger, especially on a mac os.. will play more again
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content