CNET Editors' review
PDFMerge is the sort of tool we've come to expect from Free PDF Solutions; a streamlined application that essentially makes it as easy as possible to do one job. In the case of PDFMerge, it's merging multiple PDFs into single documents. PDFMerge is based on the PDFSharp library. In addition to being free, PDFMerge's advantages are its small size (572.27KB) and speed. The latest version of PDFMerge, v1.19, has a new user interface. It supports Windows 98 to 8; we ran it on Windows 7.
Optional downloads are as common with freeware as commercials with broadcast TV, and PDFMerge is no exception, though with an emphasis on "optional." We declined the extras and opened PDFMerge's dialog-style graphical user interface, which has four buttons: "Add PDF File," "Remove Selected," and "Remove All," for adding files to the program's main window, and a "Merge Now" button next to the field for choosing a destination folder. All were easy to use, although we were surprised that we couldn't drag and drop files into PDFMerge. Up and Down arrows let us reposition documents within our queue. We started simple with a pair of multipage PDFs. PDFMerge finished the job so quickly we were unaware anything had happened, yet our target folder held the merged PDF, which opened and displayed normally in our default PDF viewer. Much larger batches took longer, of course, but the speed was still impressive, overall. While PDFMerge doesn't offer a Help file or any extras, its Web page includes some instructions and a support link.
If you need more settings or complexity, other PDF tools are available; some of them free, too. But within its scope, PDFMerge is a viable alternative to expensive, complex, all-in-one PDF programs if you just need to merge documents with ease.
From Free PDF Solutions:
Free PdfMerge is a tool that uses the PDFSharp library and is both command line or General user interface driven. It can easily split and or merge pdf documents very easily with limited steps. There are more complex options for the more advanced user if needed which will allow you to split documents with several different configuration options. PdfMerge is very efficient and simple to use. There are additional options: Extract - Rotate - Mix - Compose - Re-Order.
What's new in this version: Fixed Installer
More Products to Consider
- Split or merge your PDF documents.
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- View AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views to JPEG ima...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Get started quickly and stay on track, whether you're creating ...
- Merge PDF files for better organizing, archiving, and batch pri...
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Create, print, edit, sign, and share PDFs with batch operation ...
- Ð«plit and merge PDF files in no time.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Get all in one PDF ActiveX, splitting, merging, encryption, and...
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Print, e-mail, and save your T-shirts designs all from your des...
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Convert XPS to PDF and PDF to XPS format.
- Create advanced 3D graphics, animations, and dynamic broadcast ...
- Create localized information or multiple-language versions of P...
- Convert Web pages into image files on PC.
- Automate and standardize the process of file delivery and recep...
- Create, edit, and convert table for AutoCAD.
- Easily PDF files without buying Adobe Acrobat.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 123 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Highly practical tool"
Version: PdfMerge 184.108.40.206
If you have received multiple pdf files and want to merge them altogether then this is the right tool. This Pdfmerge is a freeware that can be downloaded for free and installed on a pc or laptop. You can merge as many pdf files as you want and have a single pdf.
"Quick and occupies very little disk space"
Version: PdfMerge 220.127.116.11
This software helps me merge a number of PDFs into one single PDF. This is done very quickly and after merging all the data is available in one single, big PDF. The best thing about this software is it occupies very little disk space
No cons; great software, very useful
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content