CNET Editors' reviewOnly a couple of compromises keep the speedy and hassle-free PdfGrabber from being a full-service conversion tool. All the important formats are here, including DOC, RTF, TXT, XLS, JPEG, and conversion speeds and quality are exemplary. We turned a 50-pager with complex formatting and images into an RTF file in just 100 seconds, for example. For the ongoing conversion of all incoming PDF files, you simply set up profiles that define conversion settings for particular directories. Then, as soon as a document appears in a monitored folder, PdfGrabber processes it according to the current profile. Alas, it can't run several profiles at once, so it won't handle multiple users or directories automatically. The program may also slow performance on low-end systems. PdfGrabber could be of tremendous use to those who create digests or reports from PDFs on a regular basis.
PdfGrabber opens up a range of new possibilities for processing PDF files. Rather than having to accept the restrictions associated with this format, PdfGrabber enables simple conversion into a range of other file types. Edit PDF content in Microsoft Word®, Excel® and PowerPoint®. Export technical drawings to your CAD program, save complete documents for archiving as TIFF or extract all the images contained, for example, as JPEG files. Do you want to integrate PDFs into your website? Or read these on your iPad®? With the PdfGrabber this, too, is no problem thanks to conversion to HTML and the eBook format, ePUB. For professional users, PdfGrabber enables export to ASCII-Text and XML as well as various other automation options, such as the creation of export profiles, monitoring of folders and control via the command line. Naturally, the PdfGrabber is Windows 8 compatible and can also be installed on 64bit systems. Since different users have different requirements, PdfGrabber is available in a range of versions. For those who only wish to edit PDF documents in Microsoft Word®, the smallest, entry-level solution, PdfGrabber Home, is the ideal product. Those who also want the option of conversion to images, HTML and Microsoft Excel® tables should opt for PdfGrabber Standard. Whilst for professional users PdfGrabber Professional is the perfect choice; this version additionally includes export profiles for Microsoft PowerPoint®, AutoCAD® and XML as well as all the automation options. This version is also available as a network licence for multiple users.
What's new in this version: Version 188.8.131.52 boasts numerous improvements and new functions. The quality of exports to Microsoft Word has been perfected. In addition to the recognition and output of multi-column layouts, lists and list elements, conversion to native DOCX format is now possible. Improvements have also been made in terms of image export. Not only is output to JPEG2000 format integrated, it can now be determined whether the PDF pages are to be output as raster or vector graphics (SVG). Moreover, by now offer... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Convert images to PDF files.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Transform VMG Files into various document formats.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Convert documents between PDF and Word format.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Access and interact with multiple databases.
- Convert Microsoft Word documents to PDF format.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Convert PDF files to editable Word documents, preserving layout...
- Convert Microsoft Word documents into PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Save PDF files in your MS Office 2007 programs.
- Perform advanced two and three-way file comparison/merging and ...
- Export text, images, and other contents of PDF documents into M...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Convert HTML to various formats (DOC, RTF, TXT) and vice-versa.
All versions:1.8 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: PdfGrabber 184.108.40.206
It has a trial version, so you can test drive the product before spending $100 or more on it.
Doesn't work. I'm glad I tried the test version first, because it completely failed to render my PDF into excel. All it returned was an image of the page pasted into an excel spreadsheet.
Save your money.