CNET Editors' review
Tired of trying to remember passwords, account numbers, and other important confidential information? Passwords Plus can help. It will store all of your secret information in one database. You can choose from several categories built into the program, such as bank accounts and health insurance, or add more of your own. It has some interesting features, such as the ability to import information from PDAs and other handheld devices.
Passwords Plus has a compact interface that opens as a small window so it's easy to use in tandem with other programs. The built-in categories cover most password and PIN uses, and they're all editable. Users familiar with database software will have no problems adapting to this program, but Password Plus is intuitive enough that even novices will be up and running in no time. Categories are customizable so that you can personalize them and add new categories to the default list. When installing Passwords Plus, you're prompted to create a password for added security. There's also an Auto Lock feature that you can turn on to lock and close the program when it's idle. You can also print or export your data as a CSV file. A detailed Help file augments the program's intuitive functionality.
This is a 30-day trial version of the software. Passwords Plus installs a desktop icon without asking. The program installs and uninstalls with no problems. Passwords Plus is a great solution for computer users who like to keep their personal information safe and well organized.
Passwords Plus gives you the easiest, most convenient way to store your PINs, usernames, credit card numbers, web logins and more. Use Passwords Plus on your PC, Palm OS handheld or smartphone and never again be stumped by a forgotten password.
What's new in this version: Added full support for Windows Vista (version 1.006 worked on Vista but did not support Palm synchronization) and minor bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Encrypt and store your passwords and PINs.
- Store your usernames, credit card numbers, and Web logins.
- Store your passwords and pin numbers in a password protected da...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Store and sort your wine collection by name, date, price, or ch...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Manage and store passwords and file folders.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Manage your passwords.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Save your passwords to a secret directory to protect it from ha...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Store your usernames, passwords, and Web sites they are used at...
- Store your passwords, logins, and hyperlinks in an encrypted fi...
- Bring your passwords to order with a tree structure and a stron...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Remember all your passwords to prevent your sensitive info from...
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Keep safe all your passwords.
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Great, accessible password program!"
Version: Passwords Plus 1.007
User-friendly, installed easily, does what it's supposed to do.
No password-strength test to use when creating passwords. No way to sync between computers--have to backup and restore.
I've been using Passwords Plus for years, ever since I installed it to use with my old Clie handheld, and though I've tried others, like KeePass, I keep coming back to Passwords Plus. I use it all the time. I just wish there were an easier way to make sure the versions on my two computers were synced.
"Easy to use and has no Glitches"
Version: Passwords Plus 1.007
Easy to create custom categories and fields, keeps everything well organized and you are able to print it all out nice and neat for a hard copy for your safe.
None that I have seen yet.
I have had Password plus for years and this version is just an improvement on what was already a great product. Worth trying out to keep things a little organized.