CNET Editors' review
As more and more aspects of our lives move online, it gets harder and harder to keep track of user names, passwords, personal identification numbers, and all the other bits of sensitive info that we need to remember. Although online accounts have made many tasks more convenient, creating log-ins that are both memorable and secure can be quite a hassle. Password Manager XP Professional is a simple solution to this problem, providing a very secure but easy-to-access place to store all your most personal information.
The program's interface is basic and intuitive, and we had no trouble getting started. Users simply create a new database, and then enter the information they want to record. There are a variety of templates for different types of information, including credit cards accounts, addresses and other contact info, software serial numbers, Web site log-ins, and more. All of this information is organized by category in a tree structure within the database, making it easy to find what you're looking for. Users can create multiple databases, each of which is protected by a password and up to eight different kinds of encryption. Password Manager can also be installed on portable devices, such as USB drives, allowing you to keep your information handy and secure. Overall, Password Manager isn't flashy or particularly visually impressive, but it's extremely easy to use and effective.
Password Manager XP Professional has a 30-day trial period. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
From CP Lab:
Password Manager XP Professional is a program specially created to help people systematize and store securely valuable information. It rids computer users of headaches caused by lost passwords, forgotten access codes, and other sensitive information. With this program, you safely store all your logins, passwords, PIN codes, credit card numbers, access codes, and any other confidential information in one place. Password Manager XP allows you to create several databases for storing desired information. Each database has its own access password and is encrypted with the algorithms of your choice. The Professional version features built-in user groups and user actions logging.
More Products to Consider
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect your private data and store information in several secu...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Create disposable email addresses, phone numbers, and credit ca...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Split files into several pieces and download them simultaneousl...
- Organize your passwords and print reports.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Manage content on your TomTom device.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Organize and manage all password-related data.
- Monitor, filter, and control all computer activities of your ch...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Can't Function Without It"
Version: Password Manager XP Professional 3.0.523
Not always Intuitive - ie.e. complicated interface for binding account fields
Used this product for sometime and I can't function without it online. It contains all my passwords and other info I want to keep secure online. It can be a little intimidating starting because of all its features but well worth the effort to read a little.