CNET Editors' review
Modern-day digital cameras can record a wealth of information about the photos they take, everything from details about the camera itself to exposure and flash information. One other very useful type of information that can be stored within image files is location data. Although many newer cameras have GPS capabilities built-in, images taken with older cameras may lack this information. Panorado Flyer makes it easy to add location data to existing images using Google Earth, ensuring that you'll never again look at a photo and wonder, "Where was that taken?"
Panorado Flyer is incredibly easy to use. Users must first navigate to the desired location within Google Earth. Then simply right-click on the photo or photos you want to tag within Explorer; the Panorado Flyer menu will appear along with all of the other typical options. Select "Get location from Google Earth" and the program will apply the coordinates to the selected images. For images that are already tagged with location data, Panorado Flyer can quickly fly to the appropriate location within Google Earth. The program doesn't have a Help file and is pretty self-explanatory, but the publisher's Web site does offer some basic information about GPS for the uninitiated. Overall, we found Panorado Flyer to be extremely easy to use, and we think it's a great way to add location data to images without too much hassle.
Panorado Flyer is free. It installs without issues but leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program to all users.
Panorado Flyer is a simple geocoding tool for linking JPEG image files to the location where the picture was taken, using precise geographical coordinates. It can be launched from the Windows Explorer's context menu. The coordinates of the place where the photo was taken are stored within the JPEG file in EXIF format - either manually or automatically from Google Earth.
Later, you'll be able to let Google Earth fly you the location again. If multiple images are selected, the resulting satellite view will include the locations of all images.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Create, personalize, and share publications & marketing materia...
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Surf the Web with the latest Microsoft browser for Windows XP o...
- Organize your pictures and preview thumbnails.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.