Celebrating over 200 user submitted quizzes and over 79,000 questions in the database (all free for the download) PEST - Professional Exam System is the world's most versatile quiz creation platform. All you have to do is open up a text editor and type.
The PEST is perfect in any learning environment - from studies at home where a quiz can continue to serve up the incorrectly answered questions until all are answered correctly to quizzes administered and instantly graded in classrooms. PEST supports multiple choice questions, fill in the blank questions, flash cards, drag-and-drop sequences, essay questions and images.
At the Vellosoft website, you can check out the vast collection of User Submitted Quizzes. The quizzes are all completely free for the download and they provide a great illustration of the ease of quiz creation and the wide variety of subjects the PEST is helping people to master.
What's new in this version: Version 3.23 expands available chapters from 25 to 66.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Create and run various tests.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Design tests for delivery on the Web or local browser network.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Use this toolkit to create different types of classroom tests.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Turn test forms into image-enabled gradebooks using Excel.
- Create interactive Flash based quizzes.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Create and sell mutliple choice tests online.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Get over 300 multiple-choice test questions for CCNA exam.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Create and activate various editions of your applications.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Create advanced e-learning courses, tests, and tutorials.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Create, print, and export multiple pages using Adobe Illustrato...
- Create Flash quizzes for corporate training and online educatio...
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"great program, huge selection of quizzes to download"
Version: PEST - Professional Exam System 3.17
Multiple choice, fill in the blank, essay, drag and drop sequences, flash card, picture-based questions, chapter by chapter results, everything you could want in a computer-based quiz is available but the best part is - it's so easy to create!
None I can think of.
This is exactly what I was looking for - you don't create quizzes from some lame on screen form, you open up notepad and you create your quizzes as quick as you can type them up (or import from another source.) 70,000 questions worth of quizzes are available at the website - free to download - and you can see what a wide variety of subjects people are using this program to study. Well worth the $25.
"A fantastic program for the money."
Version: PEST - Professional Exam System 3.12
This is a fantastic program for the money and for the ease at which you can create quizzes. After evaluating 6 other programs from Downloads.com; Kwizmaker, Test Commander, Xatquiz, MLifter 1.7, CueCard, Trivia Quiz Shell; other than Xatquiz, nothing came close to creating fast and high quality presentation value quizzes. Most of the other software programs required typing up your own quizzes, retyping quizzes that you might find in books, or copying and pasting of questions and answers. These methods of quiz creation meant having to go through the tedious process of filling in multiple blank fields in order to populate the question and answer database, some of which were proprietary and only readable by that program.
With PEST, all I had to do was use my OmniPage Pro 14.0 OCR software (OCR software is Included with MS Word 2003), a scanner, my CCNA certification books, and scan the end of chapter questions into a text file. Next, I'd format the text file for the PEST program so it would properly interpret questions and answers. Afterwards, I'd run the Pest Quiz Script Editor to run the built-in script checker and convert the text file for the PEST quiz program. All that needed to be done next to was to run the quiz and make some editorial modifications in Notepad.
As it stands, I now have 334 questions from the Cisco Networking Academy CCNA 1 & 2 640-821 book and 437 questions from the CCNA Self-Study INTRO 640-821 book to use as certification preparation quizzes. Since the end of chapter questions are not always all inclusive of what is covered in a chapter, it's nice to know that I can use PEST to add to existing quizzes or create additional quizzes that deal with that material. Because the CNA is prone to throw outdated and obscure test questions at you from the Cisco Networking Academy CCNA 1 & 2 640-821 CD; some of which aren't even covered in the book; it's probably better to have the control PEST provides over what you study and how you study for the certification exam.
The only small problem with this program comes from when you have long answers. The check boxes for those answers will line up just below the first line of the answer text. Although, some of these instances can be avoided if PEST is used in full screen mode. Otherwise, it's a small drawback that's not that big of a deal for the value of this program.
"master your material"
Version: PEST - Professional Exam System 2.99
I tried quite a few programs, but when I saw the huge collection and wide variety of subjects posted at the website, I knew this was the one. Nice job.
"just type it"
Version: PEST - Professional Exam System 2.99
I like the fact that you can just open up Notepad and type in your quiz. Very quick quiz production.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content