CNET Editors' review
PDF files are easier to read than their Microsoft Word counterparts. However, in order to make changes to them, you need to have a rather pricy program such as Adobe Acrobat. PDFill PDF Editor is a great substitute. You can edit your PDFs the same as you would edit your Word documents. It gives you so many options that you might be overwhelmed.
PDFill PDF Editor smartly tries to mimic Microsoft Word with its layout. Sadly, it doesn't replicate Microsoft Word's ease of use. There are about 100 or more icons that all do different things. While this means you'll be able to do just about anything you want with your PDFs, it also means you'll have trouble finding some features. Though most of the things you'll use most often are in the toolbar, it's still a little too much to see right when you open the program. Whenever you try to make an edit, a new window or text box appears, which is an extra step the program doesn't need to take. Sometimes, this program believes documents are password-protected when they're not, which means even more clicks before you can finish your edits. You need to spend $19.99 to purchase this software, as it's free to try but it will leave you with a watermark on output.
While most users would be fine with a more slimmed-down program, PDFill PDF Editor with its variety of features is a blessing for designers. Users who just need some simple options should perhaps skip on this program and look for a much more user-friendly and less laborious option.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of PDFill PDF Editor 10.0 build 4.
Looking for an inexpensive alternative to Adobe Acrobat? Please try PDFill:
PDF Form Maker to create, edit, delete, reset and submit Savable PDF form fields with triggers of Keystroke, Format, Validate and Calculate and with Tools for Copy, Automatic Table Order and Calculation Order;
PDF Ink Annotator to write, draw, mark or highlight PDF documents on PC with mouse or on Tablet PC using the pen input;
PDF Form Filler to save fill-in PDF forms with data import, export, batch or auto fill;
PDF Filler to add rotated, styled, transparent, stroked and bordered Text, Checkmark, Image, Hyperlink, Whiteout and Highlight; PDF Typewriter to type your international Text into PDF;
PDF Comments to add Stamps (Sign Here/Business/Dynamic/Image/Saved), free annotation, sticky note, popup, file attachment, video, shapes, cloud, polyline and pencil tools;
PDF Drawing to add basic shapes, curves or signature with border and filling style;
PDF scanner to Scan your Paper Form or Photo directly into a blank or existing PDF page;
PDF Layer to allow the added PDFill objects visible or invisible;
Tools for Multiple selections, Precise Alignment, Spell-Checker, Curve Eraser, Batch Commands and Tabbed Toolbars;
Save all the editing back to PDF with Information, Encrypt, Initial View and Presentation options and you can save editing now and Resume editing later;
Comes with a free PDF writer to create PDF or Image from any printable program, and free PDF Tools to merge, split, reorder, encrypt, decrypt, rotate, crop, reformat, header, footer, watermark and more.
What's new in this version: Version 11.0 build 4: Support Win 8 and Tablet PC, No Need for Java, Thumbnail View, Automatic Tab Order, Interleave Pages, Bates Numbering, Deskew, PDF Layer and more ...
More Products to Consider
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Edit PDF documents just like using a word processor.
- Create, print, edit, sign, and share PDFs with batch operation ...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- View and measure AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views...
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Get full control over your text documents.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Convert files to PDF format and convert PDF files to Word forma...
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Print, protect, and convert your PDF files to exe files.
- Create PDF or images with options to optimize, encrypt, rotate,...
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Manage all your forms and passwords, and encrypt your log-in in...
- Create, view, edit, and convert any PDF file with just a single...
- Split, combine, and fully manage PDF files.
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Split, combine, and fully manage PDF files.
- Convert XPS to PDF and PDF to XPS format.
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Fill out PDF forms and save locally directly to PDF.
- Print, e-mail, and save your T-shirts designs all from your des...
- Create PDF files out of any application.
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 253 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"The best full set of tools for all pdf actions I've had"
Version: PDFill PDF Editor 11.0 build 4
Editor - All this can be done in a session:
Change versions of text in pdf.
Add fields to forms.
Fill forms that come as pdf instead of printing and hand filling.
Save filled forms.
Scan and add, remove and actually do anything you want with existing pdf and hard copies of documents and images.
PDF tools -
Make photos and scans a part of pdf, make photos and texts from pdf an image, manipulate whatever and however you can imagine, as pdf or from pdf to others.
Image writer -
Whneed to save from the web, instead I print to this printer and I have a pdf of it (which later can be used in the editor too).
By email within a day.
Updates/upgrades come with it too.
Cost is very reasonable and has not been corrupted by greed and it's a one time purchase that gives updated/upgrades for many years and versions
After all these pro's ... Oh well, cons = None (at least *I* have none).
This is (in my opinion) to be supported for honest business policy, for being a tremendously well developed whole solution for all pdf processing needs and for it's cost/benefit unbeatable rate.