From Reezaa Media:
PDF OCR is based on OCR technology to convert scanned PDF paper books and documents into editable electronic text files fast and easily. PDF OCR has a build-in text editor which allows you to edit OCR result text without MS Word. PDF OCR also supports batch mode to OCR all pages of PDF file to text at a time. PDF OCR has Image To PDF Converter which allows you to create PDF documents from scanned images.
More Products to Consider
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- View AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views to JPEG ima...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Get started quickly and stay on track, whether you're creating ...
- Convert PDF files into TXT format.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Convert PDF to plain text format on PC.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to text format.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Convert PDF to plain text format.
- Convert PDF to text.
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Convert PDF files to text format in batch mode.
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Convert PDF to text and image formats.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Convert PDF to editable Word, Excel, PowerPoint and text; PDF t...
- Convert PDFs and images to text via OCR.
- Print, e-mail, and save your T-shirts designs all from your des...
- Convert PDF to a variety of other text documents formats.
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Extract images from PDF files.
All versions:2.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Best software for converting images to editable text"
Version: PDF OCR 4.1
Most accurate interpretation of image text I have found.
Conversion much better than software included with my Cannon scanner.
Easy menu and navigation.
Allows options of many pages at one time
Two The text box uses a standard default font that cannot be changed by user.
Page Breaks are not captured in the conversion.
This version had only one text interpretation that gave difficulty. It found 'ff' characters hard to read.
After trying many programs to covert image text to editable text, this is the only software that did a good job. Many of the other programs could not read the text I used or else were inaccurate. PDF OCR converted a scanned book with ease. I have 1000 scanned pages that need converting to editable text. Todate, PDF OCR has managed 40% of the conversion with speed and accuracy. I am impressed.
I recommend this software to anyone using image text. Editable text is a smaller file, presents much clearer printouts and allows format changes. I found scanner software does not convert image text to editable text with accuracy. After the scan, there is a lot of work left to correct wrong interpretations. PDF OCR professionally achieves a great result minimizing correction work.
"Converts Simple Text, Nothing More"
Version: PDF OCR 3.1
It can scan a PDF/Image and convert to plan text. But that's about all that it's good for.
OCR Output is too simplified.
I scanned a letter, used PDF995 to convert that to a PDF. Basically it was an image nested inside a PDF you could say. The PDF OCR software did recognize the text of the letter, however, the letter header and signature were ignored.
I was looking more for something that can actually try to convert "images" in to text. More along the lines of a scalled down Abby FineReader. I don't need anything fancy.
Tthis software has no options/preferences/settings whatsoever. The editor is pointless. Sure, you can insert images, etc. But basically all you are doing is taking the plan text output and manually building/designing the document from scratch. That's more time-consuming than anything I know of.
"Not working for me"
Version: PDF OCR 3.1
I don't think it has one
Most of the time I just got a document with no format and a lot of gibberish
"Works, easy layout, slopy editor"
Version: PDF OCR 3.1
quick, easy, works
slopy word editor
when editing in MS word, formatting nightmare!
If you are looking for a quick free converter ... this will work. But it is like using a screwdriver to hammer in a Nail ... it works but should not be your first choice.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content