CNET Editors' review
There's nothing wrong with how PC Image Editor works--the program is simple and effective--but it lacks the options found in other editing programs. Newcomers to image editing will appreciate this simplicity, but experienced users will probably want more.
This freeware program presents itself much like Windows' Paintbrush utility. The screen is dominated by open white space that can be filled with a picture from your hard drive. Along the top run icons for saving, opening files, cutting, printing, reversing, and a clipboard. Along the side are the icons that allow users to edit their photographs. Icons for selecting, erasing, painting, drawing lines, making shapes, air brushing, and cropping will look familiar to anyone with previous experience with photo-altering software. Editing photographs is a simple process. Users can easily and intuitively choose a picture and start using the editing tools to change their shot, and all the tools worked as expected.
PC Image Editor is a basic program that doesn't have any flaws in its design. However, the editing choices are very limited compared with more professional software, and experienced users will probably want more than this freeware offers. Those new to image editing, though, might like this simple program's intuitive approach and easy navigation.
PC Image Editor which is a free graphics editor which is packed with a good lot of features, so many in fact, that it is almost as good as a professional product and hence is a really good option for amateurs looking to expand their visual experience. The PC Image Editor is designed to be easy to use and user friendly. It is a product for amateurs and professionals (who are in a hurry). This highly intuitive piece of software supports a high variety of formats which allows you to edit a vast number of images and save it in any format you want.
Starting from the very bottom, the PC Image Editor is equipped with some of the slightly higher level editing options & adjust colors in photos; apply filters such as Hue, Invert, Colorize, Mosaic, Twirl, Emboss; rotations; Perspective and Skew; blur images; sharpen images; and image resizing if you ever want to do a hands on job in customizing your images.For all those in a hurry, here is a quick look at the features of the PC Image Editor: You can both Import and export various graphic formats, such as BMP, GIF, JPG, TIFF, PCX, PNG, TGA, J2K, WMF, EMF, and RAS through PC Image Editor. While you are at it, you can also apply 15 filters and effects such as Blur, Sharp, Add Noise, Diffuse, Mosaic, Twirl, Emboss, and many, many more. Image effects like rotate 90°, 180° and Arbitrary, Flip Horizontal and Vertical, Perspective, Skew, and others are extremely easy to use and produce only very high quality results. You will have 11 adjustment commands such as Auto Levels, Auto Contrast, Brightness, Contrast, Gamma Channel, Hue, Saturation, RGB Channel, Invert, Colorize, etc with the PC Image Editor. Supporting Scanner will bring your paper-documents directly scanned and make it ready to retouch.
What's new in this version: Version 5.2 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.Minor bug fixes; some face lifting.
More Products to Consider
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create original graphics and enhance your photos.
- Create Flash slide shows with photos and music.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Refine your digital photos, draw artwork, or produce graphics f...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Create and modify image effects.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Edit, transform, and apply various effects to your photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- View, enhance, and add frames to your photos.
- Capture and process images on your PC.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Create Flash slide shows with templates and transition effects ...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create and edit audio files professionally with hundreds of aud...
- Convert a huge array of video formats to 17 video formats, 17 p...
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 37 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"I recommend it, Excellent for a free software"
Version: PC Image Editor 5.2
Nice and handy, it does all I wanted to retouch my images.
Nothing found yet.
Good program to edit images, if you need a simple and meanwhile powerful image editor, then this is your choice.