CNET Editors' reviewThis photo organizer lets you attach pictures to locations around the globe making it easy to see where your pictures were taken. Using a 3D animated globe, you can import your vacation pictures and quickly place them around the world. Click and drag the globe to spin to different locations. Geophoto supports Flickr, so you can import your image sets or browse other users photos. We like this program's simple interface for attaching pictures and the Loupe viewing tool which shows google map information so you know exactly where to place pictures. Overall, we think Geophoto is a unique and fun way to organize and browse your photos.
Ovolab Geophoto is a new Mac OS X application for browsing and collecting digital pictures by location.
Break the limits of long lists of pictures sorted by date! Pinpoint your photos to the exact location where you took the shot. You can now browse your photo albums by panning, zooming and flying through your pictures on a three-dimensional representation of the Earth.
Once geotagged, photos can be shared with other users and will automatically appear in the correct location on the Earth when opened in Geophoto.
Geophoto provides seamless integration with iPhoto: users can browse albums' photos on the Earth, and add geotagging information to photos that are not linked to a specific location yet.
Through Geophoto, you can also subscribe to iPhoto photocasts and browse photos on Flickr, where a vast community of people around the world already shares geotagged pictures.
Finding Flickr photos taken in a specific area on the Earth is as easy as clicking on that area and choosing "Find Flickr Photos in this Location" from Geophoto's menus.
Geophoto is a wonderful tool even if you're not a traveler or a photographer. You'll be able to discover faraway places through pictures taken by Flickr users, or simply organize the photos with your friends by pinning them to their neighborhoods.
But also professional photographers will find it invaluable: finding that photo taken during a photo safari in Africa is as easy as zooming onto the Serengeti park - and Geophoto knows exactly where it is, thanks to an exhaustive database of cities and landmarks. Plus, Geophoto supports many image file formats, including JPEG and Camera RAW, and reads and writes the GPS data, IPTC tags and image properties embedded in those files.
What's new in this version: restores compatibility with Mac OS X 10.4, which was inadvertenly broken in version 2.4. Geophoto 2.4 brings several enhancements over version 2.3.1, adds support for copying and pasting coordinates, adds support for faster geotagging of image files in non-JPEG formats and fixes a few minor bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows, part of iLife '11.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Create, alter and manipulate photos.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Import, process, manage, and showcase your images.
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Create logos and other web graphics that look like a Photoshop ...
- Image browsing and editing for both still images and movies.
- Create stunning photos like a pro.
- Know where you took that photo. Write EXIF/XMP/IPTC to JPEG, RA...
- Lightweight, speedy image viewer/browser.
- View comic and manga images.
- Panorama stitching software.
- Simplifies the printing of pictures.
- Simple wallpaper and desktop image creation utility.
- Photoshop plugin that morphs photos into weird composites.
- Create beautiful printed pieces of your favorite pictures.
- Picture viewer with previews, albums & slideshows.