CNET Editors' review
When a program is named something like OrangeCD Player, you'd think that said program would at a bare minimum be capable of playing CDs. But you'd be wrong. To our astonishment, OrangeCD Player seems unable to do the one task that is promised by both its name and description.
What is OrangeCD Player, if not a CD player? It seems to be simply a way to catalog your digital audio files. We inserted a CD, had the program scan it, and it created a database entry for the CD containing the cover art, track listing, and other album information. Great, we thought, but how do we actually play the songs? We searched through the program's various menus until we found a clearly labeled Play command. We selected it, and the program asked us which application we wanted to open the CD with. That's right: the so-called CD player asked us to use another program to play the CD. We were dumbstruck. We spent an inordinate amount of time poking around in the program, trying to determine if there was something that we were missing, but it seems that there's not. The program doesn't even have a Help file; there's a brief FAQ that, if nothing else, lets users know unambiguously that the program doesn't rip tracks from CDs. But there's no information at all about actually playing tracks from the CD. We recommend skipping this program, unless you enjoy feeling like you're stuck in an absurdist play.
OrangeCD Player is free. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We do not recommend this program.
From Codium Labs:
OrangeCD Player is a compact freeware program that allows you to listen audio CDs through your computer CD-ROM and audio card. The player supports FreeDB Internet database and integrates with music database software, so every time you play a new album, it downloads track titles and other information from Internet and automatically catalogs the album in your music database. Other features include various playback modes, play lists, direct track access and disc position memory. Now, if you restart your computer frequently, you don't have to listen to the first song of the CD again and again.
More Products to Consider
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Play your favorite music right from taskbar.
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Transcribe audio recordings and control audio playback with a f...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Manipulate multiple audio file formats with this open-source en...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Paly audio CDs with full CDDB and CD-Text support.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Listen to music using a player focused solely on listening expe...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Play audio CDs on your computer.
- Browse throught your MP3 files as if they were real CDs and pla...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Acquire a powerful freeware audio player for PC.
- Maintain a music database for cataloging CDs, MP3, and iTunes.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Play your favorite music files via a small widget.
- Make music on Windows a pleasure again.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
All versions:1.9 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: OrangeCD Player 6.0.1 build 10521
it was a fast download thats about it didnt get a chance to try the rest, when a company says free license no limitations they should honor that and make it actualy free with no limitations
THIS IS NOT FREE just the first lie followed by many Im sure, if you down load the software and it says 30 day free trial, but the info told you free unlimited use before you downloaded it there is some thing wrong
DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK!