CNET Editors' review
Many of us don't give much thought to fonts, aside from selecting our favorite from the drop-down menu of whatever we happen to be working on. For other people, however--graphic designers, Web designers, and general font nerds--fonts are serious business. NexusFont is a simple font manager that can help people keep their fonts organized and easy to browse.
The program's interface is plain and intuitive, with a handful of menus and buttons for easy navigation. The program automatically accesses and displays all fonts that are installed on your computer, and you can easily import new fonts as well. NexusFont is a great way to preview and compare fonts; the heart of the program is a scrollable list of fonts that displays whatever sample text you like. You can view the fonts in different colors, sizes, and styles, as well as turn antialiasing on and off. NexusFont also displays metadata--the font's version, foundry, and so on--and you can add your own tags to the fonts. Groups and sets let you organize fonts in ways that make sense to you, although we admit we were never entirely clear on what the difference was between the two; the program's online Help file doesn't go into much detail about this. Overall, we think that NexusFont is a great way to organize and preview fonts, especially for people who don't want to shell out big bucks for a font manager.
NexusFont installs politely but leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program to everyone.
NexusFont is a font manager for Windows. If you have many fonts and you need to choose fonts you want, this program is for you. You can compare many fonts at once. And there are useful functions to manage font files. Supported font types are TrueType, TrueType Collection, OpenType, and Adobe Type1. Install or Uninstall fonts: install fonts into system or uninstall fonts from system.
What's new in this version: Version 2.5.8 has fixed Help menu link error.
More Products to Consider
- Manage, organize, and maintain your font collection.
- Organize and manage your fonts in PC.
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- View DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Install, uninstall, view, preview, and print fonts.
- Design, edit, and convert Open Type, TrueType, and PostScript f...
- View the TrueType fonts installed on your system.
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Find and test your installed fonts at once.
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Create charts, graphics, diagrams, and maps easily.
- View and read PDF documents without images.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Split and merge files easily.
- Choose from over 4700 TrueType fonts.
- Convert Adobe Flash SWF to WMV format file.
- Edit text files and create PDF documents.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Work with drawing, photo editing, and page design tasks of any ...
- Securely erase physical and logical disks.
- Create Adobe PDF files with the push of a button.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 37 votes
Current version:4.3 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Very well-designed program!"
Version: NexusFont 2.5.8
Packed with useful features, but intuitive and easy to use.
Just in reference to the some comments in the previous review, the font the reviewer refers to as being distorted is a font with known problems of distortion which would also be distorted if opened in Word, for example. Also, fonts are easily resized simply by clicking on the drop-down menu at the top of the window.
I can't think of any.
"Very useful utility"
Version: NexusFont 2.5.8
You can tag your fonts
The display of fonts could be better
This program offers lots of useful options but the high point for me is being able to tag fonts with my own keywords, then I can view by tag. I have certain fonts I use for certain types of designs but I can never remember all the names and it is tedious looking through all the fonts for the ones you want. Now I just tag them and they are easy to find again. I also like being able to input some text and see that text displayed in the list of fonts. I like being able to sort by font type, as well, when viewing the whole list.
Some fonts are distorted in the display. For instance, Academy Engraved displays the 'e' superimposed over the letter before it.
I cannot resize the fonts. The instructions say to press control and use the mouse wheel to increase or decrease the size but this does not work for me.
It would be great to be able to set some preferences. I would like "add" to be checked by default rather than "replace" when adding tags to fonts, for example.
All in all this is a very useful program and I highly recommend it. Just keep your eyes open when installing from cnet and be sure to uncheck or cancel all the spam they want to install- lol!
"Good Viewer, Organizer and Printer"
Version: NexusFont 2.5.8
Simple UI, allows for grouping, viewing of keyboard for icons/pictures
Would like easier print of keyboard view for multiple fonts
Simple and does what I needed.