CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the iTunes App Store, where you must continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed in order to open the link, and you must have an active iTunes account to download the application. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Netflix has been a popular platform for video streaming for many years now, and with support for many devices it continues to be a necessary app for many people. Netflix provides an online streaming source for movies and TV shows, and this release of the Netflix app is for iPhone and iPad. The app is available from iTunes and installs easily.
The Netflix app usually launches with a screen showing the latest editions for the Netflix service, and as long as you are a subscriber you can click on any screen image to launch streaming playback of the title. You can also search the Netflix library for your favorites. When you select a title, it streams to your device with decent quality (especially on smaller iDevice screens). There's some letterboxing on some titles, while others have been zoomed so you lose part of the frame, but these are minor quibbles. The biggest problem with Netflix is that the selection of movies and TV shows is different depending on which country you live in. In the U.S., for example, the selection is huge, but those living in Canada have to make do with a much smaller (and weaker) selection. Before subscribing, check the library of available titles in your area to minimize disappointments.
To use Netflix you need a monthly subscription (check your country's version of the Web site for rates), but once you're signed up you can stream videos wherever you go. Of course, there are data charges if you are not on Wi-Fi, which can add up, but Netflix provides a source of entertainment for commutes, as well as just lounging around anywhere you want.Stream Netflix on your iPhone:
Get Netflix on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Just download this free app and you can instantly watch TV shows & movies streaming from Netflix.Its part of your Netflix unlimited membership. Not a Netflix member? Start your FREE trial today.Watch as often as you wantResume watching where you left off on your TV or computerBrowse movies and manage your instant Queue right from your deviceNote: Video out is supported on the iPad, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch 4G
What's new in this version: Support for iOS 4.3.4 and 4.2.9.Improved subtitle support.Many stability improvements and bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Tom is your pet cat, that responds to your touch and repeats ev...
- Mobile Tracker FREE lets you locate mobile phones from any prov...
- Take your iPhone, iPod, or iPad camera into the past with some ...
- EPIC NEW FEATURES You can now customize Tom's appearance by buy...
- Distort, fatten, pinch, and stylize your camera with real-time ...
- Make music anywhere you go with full features touch instruments...
- Play right music at the right time with the playlists.
- Dont be fooled by imitators - this is the original Cell Phone T...
- Provides you with non-stop, high energy workout music to motiva...
- Listen to greek music.
- Video Tube: Watch YouTube like you are used to! Access the worl...
- Watch your Favorite ABC Shows on demmand.
- Jailbreak for iPhones, iPods Touch & iPads of all versions with...
- Send a personalized message with your favorite image or meme fr...
- Find more about yourself and your significant other.
- 225 Emoticons & 225 Gif Animation Emoticons9 Categories: Crazy ...
- If you use Netflix with a Wii, Xbox 360, Sony PS/3 or Roku conn...
- Get all the latest football news & articles about your favourit...
- Pandora Radio is your own free personalized radio now available...
- MovieBuddy may not work properly while Netflix is in a state of...
- Provide exotic India App for iPhone and iPad.
- View the latest releases and most popular DVD's from Netflix.
- Everybody loves Jesus Candle. Why? What makes the flame flicker...
- Watch FREE movies on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"App is broken"
Version: Netflix 1.4
No I will enter at least 10 characters...
There are features you can't turn off.
Netflix added "Post play" to the app with no way to turn it off. Bad move.
Version: Netflix 1.4
With the right cables, you can stream it into your TV and watch movies on a large screen.
You do need to manage your instant queue from your main computer, but that's hardly a big deal.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content