CNET Editors' review
NFL Forecaster helps users predict weekly professional football games. While its depth is impressive, the amount of manual input may scare off some.
The program's interface is a cluttered and confusing mix of charts and statistics. We did ourselves a favor and consulted the Help file, specifically its alphabetized topics list, whenever a hurdle presented itself. The program excels at showing the current week's professional football match-ups and giving the spread (how many points the winner will win by). We were unable to know how accurately the program predicts scores since this was tested before the season, but based on personal knowledge, the spreads seemed reasonable. One fun feature allowed us to produce a match-up by quickly inputting two teams and getting a spread. We were a little more confused by the separate screens that ranked teams by division, by offense and by defense. These dense blocks of statistics were where we made the most trips to the Help file for definitions. Thankfully, these statistics soon made sense. Our biggest problem was that the program required that we input the actual score of every game to get the following week's spread. This requires a little bit of research and effort, and is only worth it for serious football fans.
NFL Forecaster comes with a generous eight-week trial. While it requires manual input, we liked having NFL spreads at our fingertips and recommend this program for download.
From 100% Cotton Software:
NFL Forecaster takes you step-by-step through the process of entering scores, forecasting spreads, saving data and printing reports. Using only scores, it ranks teams and predicts winners and spreads. Over the last 27 seasons it predicted winners correctly 65% of the time (71% for 1998) and spreads 57%. Also view and print scores, spreads and rankings for past games. It includes print preview and Informal Forecasts (any two teams playing each other) and maintains eight categories of statistics. Quick function takes you step-by-step through the weekly process (10 minutes) of entering scores and getting forecasts. It is highly customizable and includes Cotton Calendar free (perpetual desktop calendar that displays and prints sports schedules).
What's new in this version: Version 7.22 has updated for the 2012-2013 season and the help file was updated to include the 2011-2012 statistics.
More Products to Consider
- Watch and record online TV Channels and listen to radio station...
- Understand your life events through astrology.
- Create, play, and print tablature scores.
- Play virtual piano with your computer's keyboard.
- Provide on-screen piano, synthesizer and MIDI controller for yo...
- Manage your office football pool.
- Download and convert videos from any Web site.
- Keep up to date on the teams of the NFL.
- Play this guitar with your computer keyboard.
- Predict the winners of all the 2002 NFL games.
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- Analyze your players' time and motion statistics for field spor...
- Learn handicapping sports statistics, rankings and historical m...
- Convert FLV files into popular video and audio formats, and vic...
- Manage your office football pool with a wide variety of configu...
- Download free music directly from your desktop.
- Learn about NCAA College Football's past, present, and future.
- Download video from YouTube fast and easily.
- Track your football team's roster changes from game to game.
- Get the NFL football data required for effective betting.
- Tune up acoustic and electric guitars.
- See in advance how your favorite team will be playing based on ...
- Find and play Internet video.
- Decide the fate of the 1999 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-0 of 0