From NCH Software:
NCH Sound Tone Generator lets you create audio tones, sweeps or noise waveforms using a Windows computer with a sound card or a PocketPC handheld.
Typical Applications include test tone generation in studios for the alignment of levels, calibration and testing of audio equipment or speakers, tuning music instruments as an accurate reference tone, demonstration of audio principles to students and more.
Features ~ Sine wave, square wave, triangular waveform, saw tooth waveform, impulse, white noise and pink noise. ~ Supports frequencies from 1Hz to 22kHz bandwidth (subject to sound card). ~ Multiple simultaneous tones (1 to 16 tones can be created at the same time) (useful to create harmonics). ~ Mono or separate stereo operation (ideal to create dual tones or 'beats'). ~ Tone Sweeps (Log or Linear). ~ Plays tone or saves as wav file.
About NCH Software:
NCH Software offers more than 80 easy-to-use audio, video, business, and telephony/VoIP software solutions that improve productivity and usability for small businesses and consumers. Focused on specific needs, they produce software with all the bells and whistles of typical brands, but without the complexity. NCH Software provides users with what they need at a price they can afford. This approach generates more than four million unique visitors and nearly three million downloads per month from the company's website -- NCH Software.
More Products to Consider
- Turns the PC into a function generator for testing, demonstrati...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Generate different test audio signals.
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Monitor input and output signals with your sound card and oscil...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Generate signals of different types and frequency.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Make your PC generate various sound waves.
- Grow your virus to cover the whole playing field in less than t...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Search for all magic squares of an order prescribed by the user...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- View fractal images on your desktop screensaver.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Create and modify fractals.
- Turn your computer speaker into a signal generator.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Play a Tetris-like game with pieces built from triangles.
- Get a md5sum generator aplication.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Easily generate all required sound test signals."
Version: NCH Tone Generator 3.04
Full noise generating capability. Not just pink and white.
Sweepable sine wave generation smooth and concise.
Signals generated matched beautifully with analysis software reports.
Musical note labled "buttons" for tuning comparisons etc.
Runs with analysis software (Audio Spectrum Analyser 1.26)with no issues.
Simple download and install.
Nil, great software.
For excellent signal generation for audio testing, this suits me fine. Cheers :)
"Worked fine until..."
Version: NCH Tone Generator 3.0
Fairly easy to use interface.
Not exactly simple to set up a tone. Clicking on certain options will download and install programs without asking the user. No option to pass on adding shortcuts on your Start Menu.
Nothing spectacular. Don't download this if you are the type that like to know exactly what you have installed in your computer.
Version: NCH Tone Generator 2.01
"Much better tone generators out there"
Version: NCH Tone Generator 2.01
for less money as well
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content