NASLite is a Network Attached Storage (NAS) server operating system designed to transform a basic computer into a dedicated file server. It is intended primarily for use in a small business or home office network. Utilizing highly optimized versions of Samba, uCLibc, BusyBox, and various other Linux tools, it is capable of handling 50 or more workgroup users easily, supporting multiple client OSes: Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. It offers SMART disk monitoring and large file support, and is incredibly easy to install and administer.
What's new in this version:
- Add AFP server for native OS X support
- Add mDNS (Bonjour) server for improved OS X support
- Add full support for USB Keyboards
- Add support for up to 4G RAM
- Add support for WOL software state
- Add admin user aliases to reboot or poweroff NASLite-2 without the need to enter the Administration Utility
- Update kernel core to latest stable release - 2.4.35
- Update kernel to include missing I2O RAID ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Get a Windows Internet ping application with a visual output.
- Unblock Web sites and surf safely and anonymously.
- Perform and analyze arbitrary I/O operations: TCP, UDP, Serial,...
- Provide WiFi connection and diagnostic tool.
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
- Protect your workstation from every type of internet threat.
- Connect multiple computers to build virtual LAN.
- Proof and perfect your writings.
- Monitor and get notification when a URL is not functioning.