NASLite is a Network Attached Storage (NAS) server operating system designed to transform a basic computer into a dedicated file server. It is intended primarily for use in a small business or home office network. Utilizing highly optimized versions of Samba, uCLibc, BusyBox, and various other Linux tools, it is capable of handling 50 or more workgroup users easily, supporting multiple client OSes: Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. It offers SMART disk monitoring and large file support, and is incredibly easy to install and administer.
What's new in this version:
- Add AFP server for native OS X support
- Add mDNS (Bonjour) server for improved OS X support
- Add full support for USB Keyboards
- Add support for up to 4G RAM
- Add support for WOL software state
- Add admin user aliases to reboot or poweroff NASLite-2 without the need to enter the Administration Utility
- Update kernel core to latest stable release - 2.4.35
- Update kernel to include missing I2O RAID ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Perform and analyze arbitrary I/O operations: TCP, UDP, Serial,...
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Provide WiFi connection and diagnostic tool.
- Set up a coin operated internet cafe kiosk PC-game timer.
- Protect your workstation from every type of internet threat.
- Analyze and view remote network computer statistics.
- Proof and perfect your writings.