CNET Editors' review
MySlideShow Gold from Anix Software is an all-in-one application for creating multimedia slideshow presentations and albums directly on your PC, without needing any other graphics or multimedia software. You can combine your photos and your favorite music together with captions and effects in an attractive, ever-changing desktop display. You can also quickly view your image archives as filmstrips or thumbnails, or create standalone, self-running executable slideshows, burn them to a CD or DVD, and send them to your family and friends. You can even use it to produce attractive catalogs and archives of everything from household items to collections and pets.
The partitions in MySlideShow's five-part interface can be dragged to resize them to suit, and there are more display options on the View menu. The basic layout is quite logical, though, with a tree view for navigating, panes for displaying file libraries and selected slides, a preview pane, and a handy projects pane that helps keep things in order. We clicked Add Selected to choose some images from My Pictures, and MySlideShow added each in sequence, displaying a configuration bar that simplifies adding captions and setting options like background, transition effects, and rotation. A sidebar sports a Settings button for project options and a Sound button that makes it extremely easy to add tunes for a background soundtrack. One extra feature we appreciate is the EXIF Inspector, which helps manage digital image information, especially digital snapshots. Another is a Favorites tab for quick access to frequently used items.
MySlideShow Gold includes various upgrades over previous versions, including the Video Generator plug-in for better video and multimedia functionality. It creates attractive slideshows with ease, and we recommend it.Editor's note: This is a review of the full version of MySlideShow 3.3.4. The trial version is limited to 30 days only.
From Anix Software:
MySlideShow allows you to create and play slide shows on your PC and DVD player. Groups of images (with corresponding sound or music files) can be viewed sequentially on your monitor as a slide show. You can view your photos as a filmstrip or thumbnails. Several slide shows can be combined into an album. The program allows you to add captions and background music and set transition effects. When you are satisfied with the structure of your slide show, you can create a standalone executable slide show or a video file, burn and autorunnable PC CD, Video CD or DVD, and send it to your contacts. When they insert your slideshow CD into their CD-ROM, MySlideShow player will automatically play the slideshow you have created.
More Products to Consider
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create slide shows, photo albums, video files, videoCD, and DVD...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Import and burn DVD video disc with menu.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Annotate and mark up directly on the screen during presentation...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Stitch photos into Panorama.
- Rip your DVD discs and convert video files between popular form...
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Convert Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations into booklets with p...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Enjoy video playback with special playing choices and features.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Fairly easy to use with superior features and support."
Version: MySlideShow 3.5.5
It's difficult to balance ease of use with flexibility and features - the more features you offer, the more navigating the user must do to find and make use of them. This software strikes a pretty good balance, and it's supported (at least for now) by a responsive gentleman by the name of Andrew, who understands both user needs and the inner workings of the software. After trying a number of other programs, including some included with Windows 7, I found this was the only one able to meet my (actually very basic) needs: Automatic importing of caption text from over 400 JPG image files, flexible caption formatting, shuffling of slides for random sequence, subsequent manual resorting of a few slides at beginning and end, incorporation of 14 audio tracks, and burning to DVD for easy TV viewing.
The software worked flawlessly, but required a little education. I think their next step should be streamlining of the user interface. Their "Gold" edition may already incorporate such improvements.
Other programs offered a cute interface but fell short on features and support, even for what I believe to be very basic and typical needs. I'd highly recommend this inexpensive software to anyone, as this worked beautifully for my grandma's 90th birthday party last weekend.