CNET Editors' review
Acumen Business Systems' Multiple Image Resizer .NET, or MIR .NET, is a free tool designed to help digital camera owners manage their saved pictures. It can resize single images or automatically resize whole folders full of huge digital snapshots at once. It's compatible with a wide range of image file formats and includes useful features, such as the ability to select image output resolution in dots per inch. Different methods of resizing images allow for different levels of image quality, which we like for the ability to resize a lot of different images to fit, say, a Web page, and maximize both the number and quality of the images displayed.
MIR .NET is easy to use, with an uncluttered and customizable interface and simple but clear commands like Add Folder of Images that leave little doubt about what the program does. There's a Help file as well as Web-based assistance, including a users' network. Twin displays show before-and-after views of selected files. Tabbed and labeled icons along the program's bottom edge control options for rotating, cropping, processing, and adding text to images, as well as other image handling features. We like MIR .NET's highly visual way of presenting program options, which simplifies unfamiliar settings. Another nice touch is its long list of easily selected languages.
MIR .NET is freeware that works with a wide range of systems, including consumer and server versions of Windows 2000 to 7. Some versions may download as ZIP files, but recent downloads have an uncompressed executable and a full-featured Windows-style installation wizard.
From Acumen Business Systems:
Multiple Image Resizer .NET allows you to process individual images or folders of images. You can resize, add borders, crop, overlay text, overlay/underlay images and rotate/flip images. MIR .NET handles a variety of input and output image formats. Includes batch image processing via command line using scripting language, multi-core processor support to speed up image processing, multi language interface, three interface themes, full help documentation, and builtin update checking feature.
What's new in this version: Version 184.108.40.206
- 1. After removing an image from the list of images to process the software selects the next image in the list, rather than taking the user back to the beginning of the list.
- 2. Pressing the Delete key when an image is selected in the list of images to process removes the image from the list.
- 3. Fixed an issue where when the unprocessed or processed image windows were hidden, the corresponding menu items in the window menu were not unticked.
- 4. ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Resize and copy information of your photos.
- Resize multiple image files, change quality, and convert them t...
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Display images in full screen that are downloaded from your cam...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View, convert, and print images.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Remove any unwanted objects from your photos.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- View pictures and graphics in variety of formats.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: