CNET Editors' reviewThis easy-to-use RSS reader widget lets you view the latest feeds from any Web site you specify, but it can clutter your desktop if you want multiple feeds. MultiRSSFeed offers a miniature interface and can display a maximum of 10 headlines. It can display feeds from up to five RSS sources. Moving your cursor over a headline will prompt the widget to scroll the story's first paragraph of text. To view the whole story, click a headline and it will automatically open the story in your browser. To receive RSS feeds, you just copy an URL and paste it in the preferences section of the widget. However, each new feed creates a separate widget window on your desktop, which can lead to crowding if you want multiple news sources. This widget automatically updates the displays according to user-defined intervals. Anyone who wants a simple RSS reader will appreciate this freeware; however, anyone who wants multiple feeds will want to try a reader with more features that won't clutter their desktop.
From Matt Heidenreich:
The MultiRSSFeed widget is for use with the Yahoo Widget Engine.
Watch as many as ten headlines from up to five unique RSS feeds from any RSS compliant Web site at the same time. Mouse over for scrolling information about story, or click to launch story in a browser window. It's able to show/hide individual RSS feed sections and it automatically updates. Right-click on the Widget and go to preferences to enter the URLs for the feeds you want to watch.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Read and manage RSS/ATOM feeds and content.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Read RSS feeds from the personal blog of Artux.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Read the latest RSS news headlines in the Middle East on your d...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Read the latest RSS news about Motherwell Football Club on your...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Read the latest RSS headlines on your desktop.
- Receive the latest RSS feeds from your favorite news service.
- Get and read the latest RSS feeds from Channel News Asia on you...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- View RSS feeds from the Register News site and convert them int...
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Display and read the latest feeds from ReelSmart Web site on yo...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- View news and current affairs in the Middle East.
- Stay up-to-date with news you are interested in.
- Wake up/remember important event to your favorite songs.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Easy To Use RSS News Reader"
Version: MultiRSSFeed widget 2.2
1)Simple, no frills RSS reader, must-have for widget lovers.
2)Easy-to-use, offers a tiny interface which can be placed anywhere on your screen and can display a maximum of 10 headlines.
3)By placing your cursor on a headline, you may be able to read the first couple of lines of the story.
1)Your desktop would definetely scream at you if it had the chance, because each new feed creates a separate window in case you want to read multiple feeds.
2)Although the scrolling effect is nice when you place the mouse over a headline, you also get plenty of html that nobody cares for.
3)Although you can chose fonts up to size 13, the only useful font you can really use is a 9, since it is the only one that will fit enough words to read the headline of a story.
4)It really is very basic, and expert RSS feed users of other programmes may end up finding it a nuisance.