CNET Editors' reviewWhen playing Mine Field Runner, your success depends more upon your gut feeling and luck than it does on you skill. You must guide your soldier across terrain that's jam-packed with land mines to get to the end zone in one piece. While survival is your primary goal, you can earn points by collecting gold along the way. You have a metal detector to alert you to the presence of mines, but since it only tells you if an explosive within a few yards, don't count on it to save your neck. Since the game doesn't include any sort of help files, we were initially baffled as to how everything worked. We had to visit the developer's Web site to get a clearer picture. The hero of the game is a bit too small for our tastes, but the level of detail in the excellently designed landscapes more than makes up for it, as do the frighteningly realistic explosion sounds. Mine Field Runner's feature set is very slim, but since the demo lets you play for a full two months, we're not as upset as we'd normally be. This game might be too violent for younger players, but it will help everyone else build nerves of steel.
From Dynamic Playgrounds:
Don't let the pretty landscapes and tranquil atmosphere trick you. There is real danger out there, real rewards too. For its nervous survivors, Mine Field Runner delivers a profound sense of relief. Tension runs high as you jog past unseen sudden doom. The goal is to reach the End Zone, alive, collecting as much gold as you dare to plunder.
What's new in this version: Version 1.33 features: standard W-A-S-D keyboard controls in addition to Arrow Key support; Windows Vista friendly; enhanced graphics.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Track all your finds, hunts, detector stats/maintenance and sit...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Record important detailed information about metal detecting.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Calculate gold, sterling, and silver prices with this computing...
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- View 350 images of different metallic finishes including gold, ...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- View a 3D snowy landscape with a Christmas tree surrounded by m...
- Place a theme with dark green and gold color on your browser.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Kick out all bricks, collect money, and buy bonuses.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Bring the atmosphere of Christmas on your desktop.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Monitor and protect any space with IP or USB cameras.
- Place a theme with burgundy, red, and gold color on your browse...
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Play a solitaire variation game based in the Wild West.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content