CNET Editors' review
This very straightforward program lets you quickly merge cells in any Microsoft Excel spreadsheet without losing any important data. We found the program incredibly easy to use and it proved to be a capable addition to Excel.
The program integrates into MS Excel and adds an additional tab to the interface for easy access. We first selected our cells and then activated the program. A helpful wizard appeared and gave us options for merging the selected cells (column by column, row by row, in one cell), how to separate the values, and where to place the results (top or bottom of the cell). Finally, all we had to do was select from one of three radio buttons for clearing the selected cell content, merging the areas, or skipping empty cells. As soon as we clicked OK, the program immediately merged our selected cells according to our specifications. None of the data in each cell was lost or changed during the merge process.
A built-in Help feature is included with the program and it provides plenty of information for getting started and working with the program. If you are looking for a quick program to safely merge cells, this program works nicely and doesn't take up too much space. We recommend it for all users frequently needing this type of functionality who aren't happy with Excel's built-in merge capabilities.
From Add-in Express:
With Merge Cells Wizard you can merge data from several Excel cells using any separator you like (e.g. carriage return / line break). You can merge row by row, column by column or data from selected cells into one cell. The Merge Cells Wizard preserves all data if the selection contains multiple data values. Your data in Microsoft Excel will never be lost.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Move data from MS Money to MS Excel spreadsheet.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Merge MS Excel documents along with analyzing and editing data.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Download, chart, and analyze free historical data from the Inte...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Create bar and line histograms of your Excel data.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Combine two tables in MS Excel.
- Combine several Excel files into 1 sheet/file.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Merge data that spans over multiple rows.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Enhance Excel's existing analysis and reporting capabilities an...
- Enter or edit data in pivot tables.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Share your Excel data via Internet.
- Remove leading and trailing spaces in selected Excel cells.
All versions:0 stars Be the first to review this product
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Doesn't work... Merges everything into a black hole"
Version: Merge Cells Wizard for Excel 22.214.171.124
I like the concept... really don't understand why it's not included in excel
I attmpted to merge 1 column (200 cells containing email addresses) and received a message asking me to purchase. I understand there should be a limit to encourage a purchase... I then attepmted to merge 3 cells (w/ a comma). All data was deleted.
Not worth it and didn't include instructions on how to remove.