From MaxTo Software:
MaxTo lets you divide your monitor(s) into regions. Whenever you maximize a window, it will be maximized within the region it is in. This lets you to quickly line up your windows in the configuration you want. You can also move windows using keyboard shortcuts, for an even quicker setup. The keyboard shortcuts are fully customizable. MaxTo regions are completely user-defined, so you can get your setup exactly the way you want it.
What's new in this version: Version 2011.10.1 fixes auto-detection for Visual C++ 2011 SP1 redistributable (x64 and x86) was broken.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Zoom, copy, save, and print desired portion of your screen.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Save screenshots of your desktop to the clipboard or another ap...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Grab and store colors from your screen.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Capture window, region and scrolling page with a simple way and...
- Tile your desktop windows in full-screen no-gap layouts to simp...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Display an animated faerie that flies around your screen.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Hide your desktop screen with an image.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Launch, choose, and configure your screensavers.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Lock icons, take screenshots, and move icons between the system...
- Capture screenshots using hot keys.
- Create custom Windows screens with SB and transform your boring...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Capture the whole screen or its part and save it in BMP, JPEG, ...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Functions well. Keyboard use emphasized."
Version: MaxTo 2011.10.1
Organizes windows spatially via user created screen regions. Supports up to two sets of screen regions. Clicking maximize maxes a window to the nearest region. Keyboard shortcuts are used to move windows from region to region, maximize a window to a region or full screen, fit all windows to regions, switch between windows in a region, and more. Window snapping to monitor, region, & window edges supported. Transparency & fade animations. Additional arrangement features for Win 7.
The asking price is small for this useful utility and well worth it. Keyboard shortcut users will enjoy this app's emphasis on keyboard usage. Mousers may want to consider an app such as Aqua Snap, which supports Windows 7 styled window arrangement with added precision to all Windows based platforms. Dragging windows to hot corners maxes them to user set regions. Users desiring multi-pane file management may want to look at Free Commander and others for more efficient and less painful file management jobs.
Fantastic software for improving efficiency of use. Likely to be most useful to those who operate at high screen resolutions as more screen real estate is available for use. User defined regions and window snapping behavior saves time typically spent dragging and arranging windows in order to accomplish tasks. Keyboard shortcuts are emphasized for window manipulation.