From Integrated Earth:
Now you can link the individuals in your family tree to the mapping capabilities of Google Earth. Automatically create Placemarks for events in the lives of individuals and view a path following the movements during their lifetime. Use the timespan slider feature of Google Earth to restrict the view to a period of history and watch your family's story unfold.
Version 1.8 includes a facility to export all your Family Tree places to your favourite GPS and Sat Nav formats.
What's new in this version: Now includes a facility to export all your Family Tree places to your favourite GPS and Sat Nav formats. Tom Tom (OV2), Garmin (GPX), Navman (CSV) and Navigon (CSV) POI (Points Of Interest) files are supported. Get your Sat Nav to alert you when you are driving near significant places from your Family Tree!
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Customize your Google Earth experience with enhanced map layers...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Convert Google Earth into a real-time GPS navigation for laptop...
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Put geographic information of planet right on your desktop.
- Calculate body mass index for women.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Calculate your BMI using a chart.
- Automate the cache file building for an area selected in Google...
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"The best kept secret in Genealogy?"
Version: Map My Ancestors 1.3
Straight forward to use.
Utilises existing mapping programs such as Google Earth
Allows easy sharing of interactive maps (the recipient doesn't need a Family Tree program - just Google Earth or even just a browser with Google maps
Doesn't read native file formats - you need to first export to a GEDCOM file.
I'm surprised that this program isn't more popular. It certainly does what it says on the tin - and who *doesn't* like messing around with Google Earth :-)
"Got my tree of over 2000 names in Google Earth in mins"
Version: Map My Ancestors 1.3
Extracts all the places from your tree and geocodes them but allows you to edit or override result. Also saves places you have located before so you don't need to check them again next time. Helpful video on web site.
If you have vague or badly formatted place names in your tree it can have a few problems finding them.
If you are into researching your family tree and you like playing with Google Earth then this is a really cool tool - especially considering the price!The latest updates include a help assistant (along the lines of the MS Office assistant) which guides you through the steps of mapping a family tree.
Updated on Dec 4, 2008