CNET Editors' review
MahJongg Solitaire is a tile-matching game whose graphics and interface will please any user nostalgic for the 8-bit graphics of the '90s
In this shareware version, you can shuffle the tiles, change the background color, and undo your last move. But in order to change the tile layout, pick a new tile set, upload your own tile design, or save and restore games, you will need to cough up $10. That $10 price is on the low end for mahjong matching games, but then, that's where MahJongg Solitaire sits. The graphics are garish and bitmappy, and there are no sound effects or music despite a Sound On option. Most egregiously, however, the game includes the wrong Help file: you can read how to install Infinite Spades from a floppy disk but don't expect help customizing your tile sets.
Still, free is free, and matching up tiles is hardly rocket science. Many other similar games limit by time or uses or force you to install weird toolbars, so from that perspective, MahJongg Solitaire is a fast and clean fix for anyone's solitaire needs.
From Arthur Crump:
Combines the best of the ancient game of mah jongg tiles with solitaire to form a new exciting game. Play different mahjongg solitaire games. Different mah jongg tiles to choose from, or create your own unique tiles with this game.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0 is updated to work with Windows 7.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Learn blackjack strategy or simply play for fun.
- Fill in open tiles of an interesting shape with cards.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Play your favorite games of solitaire plus versions with a new ...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Go explore the Big Island step by step to find and save the cut...
- Play classic Arkanoid in futuristic atmosphere and modern techn...
- Play 475 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Create high-quality documents in a user-friendly word processor...
- Combine classic arcade playability with latest technologies.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Eat candy while avoiding the black jellybeans.