CNET Editors' review
Magic Mirror is a basic photo-editing program that allows users to warp, stretch, and otherwise play with their images. Although we've seen similar programs before, this one isn't bad, especially for kids.
The program's interface is basic and colorful, although we wish it were better labeled--or labeled at all. There are four unmarked buttons on the left, a slider numbered zero through 100 on the right, and an unmarked slider that looks like a volume control at the top. On one hand it's kind of fun to play with the effects not knowing exactly what's going to happen, and eventually users will figure them out, but it would have been nice to know from the start what we were dealing with. The program doesn't have a Help file, making its features even more of a mystery.
Aside from not knowing exactly what each button or slider does, we found the program intuitive and easy to use. Opening, saving, and resetting images is easily done using buttons at the bottom of the screen, meaning that young users won't have to search through menus to perform basic functions. The program enlarges, twists, shrinks, and warps parts of images, and users can control what portion of the images is affected and how strong they want the effect to be. In general the program didn't wow us, but it's a fun way to play with photos, especially for kids.
Magic Mirror has a seven-day trial period. It installs desktop icons without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program to all users.
ZeallSoft Magic Mirror is a funny and easy to use photo distorting software. You can distort your friends' or family's faces and produce surreal effects. Whether yours is a group of friend or children, whether you opt for a face warp or warp picture, Magic Mirror will generate a laugh a minute.
Magic Mirror is packed with laughter generating tools and all the features you will ever need to turn an ordinary image into something extraordinary. Just imagine, if you can, what the changes will be like when you apply the warp face or warp picture facility to someone you know or an image around you. Version 3.0 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What's new in this version: Fix some bug and add some functions.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Change your face without surgery.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Modify and convert batches of your images into various formats.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Capture your screen in different modes.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Add frames to your digital photos.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Create photo collages with various effects.