MacGPS Pro is Mac software for communicating with GPS Receivers and viewing your position on moving digital maps and nautical charts. These images can be viewed with no GPS receiver connected or used in real-time as a moving-map display of your current position and velocity.
- It imports maps from a wide variety of sources in the following formats: TIFF (TIF), JPEG (JPG), GIF, PNG, PICT, BMP, Photoshop (PSD), PDF, and ECW.
- It manually calibrates and imports maps that you scan yourself.
- It imports nautical charts in Maptech BSB (v.1, v.2, v.3, v.4, v.5) format.
- It supports NMEA 0183 input from all serial port, Bluetooth, and USGlobalSat USB receivers.
- It graphically generates and edits Waypoints, Routes, and Tracks for two-way transfer between your Mac and many Garmin and Magellan Serial Port and USB Receivers.
- It exchanges data with Google Earth.
- It imports Waypoints from Geocaching files.
- It imports and exports Waypoints, Routes, and Tracks in the GPX interchange format used by other GPS programs.
- It shows elevation profiles.
- It prints maps.
What's new in this version:
- Compatible with OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Auto-Open & Find-by-Location for New South Wales TopoView maps, Western Australia 50K & 25K topos, and the updated US Forest Service topos.
- Imports PDF map files at 250 pixels per inch, including VicMap (Victoria, Australia) 30K Geospacial PDFs.
- Reads GeoPDF, PRJ & EWW files for georeferencing.
- Reads KMZ files from Google Earth.
- Labels Lat-Lon Grid Lines on printed maps.
- Save only selected Wa... See all new features »