CNET Editors' review
MacCleanse for Mac helps you utilize every byte on your hard drive by searching for obsolete and unnecessary files and cleansing your computer of them. In addition, this app protects your privacy by cleaning your system of unwanted applications, and deleting Web histories, cookies, caches, and logs. This premium app offers a 15-day trial and comes packed with many features that you can use to optimize your computer.
After a straightforward installation, MacCleanse for Mac greets you with a report of how much space you can save by using the automated cleansing tools. The interface, itself, is appealing and intuitive, as is the way different options are grouped together. When using the automated cleansing tools, the app scans and prompts you to remove various caches and logs, along with the Trash contents. We have found the app to be relatively quick; it took us only one minute to do a complete scan of the system and another minute to carry out the cleaning operation. The only downside of the cleanup process is the inability to restore files deleted by accident. Along with an extensive cleansing catalog, MacCleanse also features app management tools that let you remove unused binaries, orphaned support files, plug-ins, and more. You may also use the app to manage your log-in items, to further improve system performance.
Looking for a premium tool that lets you manage every aspect of your system storage, while at the same time protecting your privacy? MacCleanse for Mac is definitely worth a try. The developers have struck a good balance between features and accessibility, packing all the disk storage scanning and cleaning tools you need in an easy-to-use interface.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of MacCleanse for Mac 4.0.8.
From Koingo Software:
Most of us know the pain of using a shared computer. Privacy is a valued commodity in today's world, and maintaining it does not have to be a hassle. MacCleanse securely scans your system for activity and erases the desired information. Sure, you could go rummaging through your entire system trying to manually clean out your files, but what if you miss something? What if you accidentally delete a crucial file and lose important data? Don't take the risk. Let MacCleanse carefully and precisely scan and incinerate only what you choose. Whether you've been gift shopping online, discussing confidential business matters, visiting inappropriate web sites, or just want to clean out your system, MacCleanse is your savior. Unlike some other privacy protection tools which go through your system with brute force, MacCleanse has been thoroughly tested and only removes the necessary files, and reports all errors.
What's new in this version:
- Added feature to always get pre-auth when Quick Scanning.
- Added support for Mac OS X 10.6.8 back again for the time being.
- Changed bundle ID back to com.koingosw.MacCleanse to avoid preference saving issues. You may need to reconfigure the product.
- Fixed issue deleting Skype Accounts.
More Products to Consider
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Unlock over 1200 hidden features in Mac OS X and other apps.
- Remove apps, data, and other unnecessary junk.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Data recovery software.
- File sharing app that makes it simple to manage, protect and sh...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Versatile file search tool based upon Apple's powerful Spotligh...
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Backup your files.
- File transfer system over the net.
- Back up your computer online.
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
- Make a bootable DVD or USB drive from the OS X installer.
- Provides advanced information on any file.
- Remove the files that remain after uninstallation of applicatio...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 14 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Deleted important files - Don't use with Mavericks"
Version: MacCleanse 4.1
None - better products out there
Do not use with iCloud Keychain - it deleted important browser data (even though I selected the ignore these files option) - I contacted support and they never replied...
There are much better free products out there....
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content