CNET Editors' note: This update works only with Power Mac G3- and G4-based desktop and portable computers, including iMac, eMac, and iBook. This update does not work with Power Mac G5 computers. This is a very large (38.9MB) file and may take several hours to download via dial-up modem.
This download will update your Mac OS X system sofware to include new services as well as fixes and other improvements. It addresses several known issues, including a situation in which an external FireWire storage device would not become available (mount) and this message would appear, an issue in which some Bluetooth keyboards may show a delayed response when you press a key after the computer wakes from sleep, and an issue in which some iBook computers could make a clicking sound when using Mac OS X 10.2.5 or 10.2.6. This update also includes several enhancements for Safari, as well as support for USB 2.0 devices, including PCI and PC cards for computers that do not include USB 2.0 hardware.
More Products to Consider
- Add customizable gestures to Magic Mouse or MacBook trackpad.
- High-quality scanner driver with support for several manufactur...
- Granularly customize input device behavior.
- Mac driver for the Xbox 360 controller.
- Printer driver for the multi-function device.
- Enable Digidesign hardware.
- Scanner drivers.
- For Bamboo, Graphire, Cintiq tablets.
- For HP printers.
- Play games with console controllers on Mac.
- Edit and manage your images.
- For ASIO-compatible apps.
- Recover deleted pics from digital media.
- Update your Apple DVD Player to get optimized DVD playback, Blu...
- Newton package installer.
- Companion for the iPad app that lets you control your Mac or PC...
- Manually run the maintenance scripts that are normally run auto...
- Driver and software for the multi-function printer.
- Enable HID devices: gamepad, joystick, mice.
- Remake of classic isometric 8-bit computer game.
- Drivers for video capture devices based on Empia 28xx.
- Create games, multimedia presentations, databases, Internet app...
- Let your computer speak.
- Install most thermal and thermal transfer printers.