Mean time between failures (MTBF) is the mean (average) time between failures of a system, the reciprocal of the failure rate in the special case when the failure rate is constant. Calculations of MTBF assume that a system is "renewed", i.e. fixed, after each failure, and then returned to service immediately after failure. A related term, mean distance between failures, with a similar and more intuitive sense, is widely used in transport industries such as railways and trucking. The average time between failing and being returned to service is termed mean down time (MDT). For electronic products, it is commonly assumed that during the useful operating life period the parts have constant failure rates, and part failure rates follow an exponential law of distribution. In this case, the MTBF of the product can be calculated. MTBF Calculator contains Microcircuits, Discrete Semiconductors, Tubes, Lasers, Resistors, Capacitors, Inductive Devices, Rotating Devices, Relays, Switches, and Connectors.
What's new in this version: This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Calculate the amount of delay of a sound signal.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Calculate measures, beats, tempos, and more in audio samples.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Calculate loan interests.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Calculate monthly loan payments and payment schedules.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Compute the date in in unixtime or normal date format.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Calculate gold, sterling, and silver prices with this computing...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Calculate time spent at the computer and draw up time reports.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Monitor your stats from ExtremeOverclocking Web site on your de...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Calculate your exam and term grades.
- Track custom billing rates, client details, and project details...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: