CNET Editors' review
Ignition distills the LogMeIn start-up process into a small, simple program. Instead of having to download and run the installer on an unfamiliar machine, you can carry around the lightweight Ignition on any USB device and run it from there.
It's a bit annoying that the program must be installed first on your home desktop. From there, copy the EXE onto a portable device such as an iPod, flash drive or a BlackBerry. Connect that device to any PC, double-click on Ignition and you've got instant access to any of the machines saved in your LogMeIn account. It also saves your username and password, skipping that pesky human memory component of the process.
Ignition works just fine on a standard hard drive for those of you who regularly use the same computer as your base for remote access and you need to quickly get in, do your remote thing and get out. Unfortunately, it's not free. It's not going to break your bank, either--it's only $8.95 a year. Be warned, though: Ignition doesn't allow access to your home PC from a handheld device, but given the innovation and diversity we're seeing here, hopefully that kind of functionality will come along soon enough.
LogMeIn Ignition for Windows gives you direct, one-click access to all your LogMeIn computers; no need to use a browser or remember multiple passwords. Install LogMeIn Ignition for Windows on your PC or carry it with you on a USB drive, and access your computers wherever you go. LogMeIn Ignition for Windows provides secure remote access to your computers from anywhere with an Internet connection. For more information visit LogMeIn.com
What's new in this version: Version 1.2.275 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Manage different multimedia files from a remote computer.
- Access a computer remotely without a client download.
- Remote control your PC or Mac over the Web, stay connected no m...
- Access remote client PCs easily.
- Transform PC into a burglar and fire alarm, monitor mouse, keyb...
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Control your PC remotely.
- Get access to multiple remote desktops simultaneously on your o...
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Share your USB devices over a LAN or the Internet and access re...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Get access to your computer remotely.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Access and manage a remote computer.
- Manage remote PCs using e-mail technologies.
All versions:4.8 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Fast, reliable, easy-to-use app! Highly recommended!"
Version: LogMeIn Ignition 1.2.275
I have used LogMeIn Ignition for several years now and have been very pleased with its ease-of-use, its quick connection, and its no-brainer controls. I bought it back when it cost fifty bucks--and it was worth it even then. At $7.95, it's an absolute steal! And contrary to the warning above ("Be warned, though: Ignition doesn't allow access to your home PC from a handheld device . . ."), on the contrary, I have no problem connecting with my home and office PCs from both my iPad and iPhone.
None that I've found.
Ignition is a simple, easy-to-use app that will save you loads of time by not requiring you to go through the login process required by LogMeIn (and GoToMyPC and other such remote-access programs). And at only $7.95, you absolutely have no excuse for not buying and using this reliable, time-saving application. Highly recommended!