From Schmidt's Login:
LOGINventory makes a complete inventory of your entire network. This PC inventory tool delivers all the information about your hardware and software that you need to make everyone happy for an audit or controlling installed hardware and software, Windows, Mac and Linux OS, hot fixes and networked devices like printers and switches. No going from PC to PC to install anything and runs too fast to get coffee during a scan. WAN compatible. No more reasons to go to the Boise office. You may be inclined to create your own custom reports just for the fun of it. All updates and support is free. Scans and reports on your SMNP devices are free too.
What's new in this version: Version 126.96.36.19930 fixed LOGINfo, LOGINfoW could not be executed on CPUs without SSE2.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Capture and track hardware and software inventory in your organ...
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Show the size of each folder on your disk, including sub folder...
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Find missing hot fixes and vulnerabilities in your Windows 2000...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Protect your software with professional licensing.
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Rewrite Web pages and surf anonymously.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Got a home or company network? Download this!"
Version: LogInventory 188.8.131.52
I thought this program will be the same usual slow (~some programs i know which works with WMI) things as others: i feel lucky, this program is fast (scanned whole D class /0-255 range/) within 1-2 minutes. After i opened my eyes widely enought to recognise this, i was pretty sure it's a joke: but no, all details are in the inventory.
Actually, i think this is a simple but perfect snap-in (for your MMC), too.
It'll help you to check patches, installed packages, basic physical datas (like memory/cpu size, etc.).
If you plan to upgrade your operating systems by PXE/etc., the network card type recognizing might come in handy. Also, you can create queries like at Microsoft's product.
This is awesome cheap if it's not per seat.
Maybe i missunderstand, but this just sounds cool: i can test this software in any company/etc. with full features for 20 computers until i decide to uninstall or buy it.
I gave 5 - not a natural thing from me - stars as i don't think professional administrators would have many problems with this (or max 1-2 problem which are solveable with support).
I'd suggest a quick start guide.
At memory size, the shared memory size isn't checked.
It's not specified what rights you need to check a network (of course, domain admin is a ruler there but i hope other rights are enough).
Right now i'm not quite familiar with help section 8.5 (translation): should it recognise automaticly, etc.?
Version: LogInventory 184.108.40.206
I recommend to evrybody
"this is good"
Version: LogInventory 4.1.14
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: