LinkThing2 is an extension that enhances your control over how links on web pages are opened. About the refactoring, briefly: The old LinkThing worked by basically taking over clicks on links and stopping them from doing what they were meant to do, so the extension could do something else instead. For example, if you had configured LinkThing to always open offsite links in a new tab, it would intercept any click on an offsite link, suppress Safari's default handling, and force the link's destination to open in a new tab. This was a pretty brute-force way of doing things. LinkThing2, by contrast, tries to achieve its goals while doing as little as possible. In the preceding example, LinkThing2 will just momentarily change the link's target attribute to _blank, let Safari do as it will, and then change the target back again. If your settings dictate that the resulting new tab should open at the end of the tab bar, LinkThing2 will only move it there after Safari creates it--instead of creating the new tab itself, as the old LinkThing did.
What's new in this version: When you mouse over a link, LinkThing now waits a fraction of a second before displaying the URL revealer. So if you mouse in and out of a link quickly, the revealer will not flash.
More Products to Consider
- Explore the web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Alternative Web browser with server-side compression for slow c...
- Surf the Web, block pop-ups, and keep spyware at bay with a lea...
- Download a new, fast browser.
- Beta channel of Google's web browser.
- Connect with friends, preview search results, and get website u...
- Check out the latest beta of the next Firefox update.
- Combine powerful browsing with media downloading and sharing.
- View Flash content in your Web browser.
- Browse the web comfortably.
- Browser plugin to view rich multimedia web content.
- Web browser.
- Rich media content plugin for the web.
- Browse the web, work with mail, chat in IRC and edit HTML.
- Web browser with Mozilla's rendering engine.
- Access Facebook without a web browser.
- Block ad elements in Safari.
- Get the most out of social networking and the Web in this brows...
- Menu bar gadget for instant app & doc access.
- Manage regular URL bookmarks and links to files and folders in ...
- Assign custom keyboard shortcuts for browser tabs.
- Get drawer windows fro your Mac.
- Search visually in all of your favorite search engines.
- Access your Macs remotely.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content