LinkThing2 is an extension that enhances your control over how links on web pages are opened. About the refactoring, briefly: The old LinkThing worked by basically taking over clicks on links and stopping them from doing what they were meant to do, so the extension could do something else instead. For example, if you had configured LinkThing to always open offsite links in a new tab, it would intercept any click on an offsite link, suppress Safari's default handling, and force the link's destination to open in a new tab. This was a pretty brute-force way of doing things. LinkThing2, by contrast, tries to achieve its goals while doing as little as possible. In the preceding example, LinkThing2 will just momentarily change the link's target attribute to _blank, let Safari do as it will, and then change the target back again. If your settings dictate that the resulting new tab should open at the end of the tab bar, LinkThing2 will only move it there after Safari creates it--instead of creating the new tab itself, as the old LinkThing did.
What's new in this version: When you mouse over a link, LinkThing now waits a fraction of a second before displaying the URL revealer. So if you mouse in and out of a link quickly, the revealer will not flash.
More Products to Consider
- Explore the web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Alternative Web browser with server-side compression for slow c...
- Surf the Web, block pop-ups, and keep spyware at bay with a lea...
- Download a new, fast browser.
- Connect with friends, preview search results, and get website u...
- Beta channel of Google's web browser.
- Check out the latest beta of the next Firefox update.
- Combine powerful browsing with media downloading and sharing.
- Browse the web comfortably.
- Web browser.
- View Flash content in your Web browser.
- Browser plugin to view rich multimedia web content.
- Rich media content plugin for the web.
- Browse the web quickly and easily.
- Browse the web, work with mail, chat in IRC and edit HTML.
- Web browser with Mozilla's rendering engine.
- Translate current page via Google Translate.
- Access Facebook without a web browser.
- Scan for working online coupon codes during checkout.
- Manage regular URL bookmarks and links to files and folders in ...
- Full-featured read later and RSS client that supports services ...
- Block ad elements in Safari.
- Search visually in all of your favorite search engines.
- Finds coupons for online shoppers during checkout automatically...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content