CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
From Bulent Akpinar:
Link2SD is an application that makes it easy for Android 1.6+ users with root privileges on their phone to move applications to the SD card. The idea behind is same with apps2sd scripts, linking applications to SD card's second partition but differs in two ways.One, instead of linking /data/app folder (that means moving all applications), you can select applications that you want to move. Two, it's an application which means has a user interface. You can manage your applications with few clicks. It also provides native apps2sd features on Android 2.2 and higher. It can move any non-protected user apps to SD card (force move), with batch moving capability.That feature uses Android's standard SD-card installation feature and does not require a second partition. It can break some apps if they are not meant to be moved to the SD card (Such as Widgets).Features:- Create and remove link for apk, dex and lib files of the applications you select- Automatically link newly installed apps (optional)- Move any user apps to SD even though the app does not support moving to SD (a.k.a. "force move", for Android 2.2 and higher)- Shows the apps that support moving to SD with native apps2sd (for Android 2.2 and higher)- Set the default install location of the apps; auto, internal, or external (for Android 2.2 and higher)- Batch link, unlink, reinstall, uninstall, "move to SD", "move to phone" functions (multi-select mode)- Uninstall system applications- Freeze and un-freeze system and users applications- Clear data and cache of the application- Clear all apps cache at once (1-tap cache cleaner without being root)- List applications, show detailed size information and link status- Sort and filter applications- Search applications by name- Display available space information of internal storage, SD card and SD card 2nd partitionWhat you need:- root permission. - a second partition on your SD card. You should have two partitions on SD card and both should be primary.The first FAT partition is your standard SD card storage. The second partition is used for application files and can be ext2, ext3, ext4 or FAT32.Some phones lack the ext2, ext3 or ext4 file system support and you may get mount errors like "no such device", "invalid argument". These phones need ext2.ko or ext3.ko modules and even some additional modules to be able to mount. Using FAT32 on the second partition will eleminate such problems, because FAT32 is supported on all phones.Link2SD does not create the second partition, you need to create it yourself. You can use any partition manager such as Minitool, Paragon, Easeus etc. for this. How it works:Link2SD mounts the second partition of your SD card and makes OS mounts it at boot time.When press "Create Link" button Link2SD moves apk file, dalvik-cache (.dex) file and lib files (.so) to SD card's 2nd partition and creates symbolic links in original directories.Note: On Android 1.6 and 2.1, shortcut and the widget of the app should be re-added to homescreen if you move the apk file.You can remove the links and put application files back to phone. Just click on "Remove Link" button.Some points- System applications should not be linked to SD card. Link2SD does not allow these applications to be linked.- When you connect your phone to PC as mass storage, Android unmounts the first FAT partition but the second partition remains mounted. Therefore linked applications are not affected and can be run without problems.- Link2SD does not move application's private data directory; it moves apk, dex (dalvik-cache) and lib files.Link2SD is avaliable in the following languagesChinese Traditional, English, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese Brazilian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian.If you want to help getting Link2SD in your language, please send me an email.DISCLAIMER: It is made available for use at your own risk with no warranty of any kind.Recent changes:1.9.8 - fixed bug in setting install location option - updated some translationsContent rating: Everyone
What's new in this version: 1.9.8 - fixed bug in setting install location option - updated some translations
More Products to Consider
- Clean cache, unused files, privacy history and app packages on ...
- Protect your mobile device with both anti-theft and antivirus.
- Turns your android phone into a Wi-Fi analyzer!!.
- Explore phones and PCs over net.
- Provide one-stop solution for mobile security and performance.
- Wifi Free gives you information about all nearby WiFi spots - b...
- Kill unnecessary apps and running tasks.
- Backup all your apps, market links, and remove bloatware from y...
- Install apps from your SD card on Android 2.0+ phones.
- The ultimate router password recovery tool.
- Turns your Android device into a WiFi or Bluetooth universal re...
- Bring Window 8 Taskbar to your Android.
- Move, resize, copy, explore, and recover hard disk drive partit...
- .nomedia files are used to tell media players not to scan certa...
- * Application  . ,  ,  .* 25 DB SD( ) Application. SD DB ...
- Free file explorer and manager.
- JjComics supports cbr, cbz, rar,zip, jpg, gif, png, bmp file fo...
- Get application manager for your Android device.
- Save your attachment to the SD card on your Android device.
- Answer your call without even touching your Android phone.
- Get the file manager for your Android.
- Doctor At Home-Your Homely Doctor..
- Vpn One Click protects your privacy online and unlocks all bloc...
- Make your phone fast and smooth with just one fingertouch.