CNET Editors' reviewThis utility offers a good set of tools for handling basic audio chores. Lavavo CD Ripper converts CD tracks into seven audio formats, including MP3, WMA, OGG, APE, and AAC. The modern interface is clear and a breeze to use, so most users won't even need to deal with the help files. Besides extracting files from CDs, Lavavo CD Ripper can convert files among all codecs it supports. It also features a utility for burning MP3s and WAVs to CD. If you're concerned about space, you can rip tracks into the more efficient VBR MP3 format, though you'll only be able to normalize WAVs. In our tests, the burner, the converter, and the ripper all worked just fine. All told, Lavavo CD Ripper's ease of use makes it a fine pick for beginners.
From Lavavo Software:
With Lavavo CD Ripper, you can rip CDs to MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, APE, VQF, and WAV formats in only one step. You also can convert MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, APE, VQF, and WAV files from one format to another and burn MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, APE, VQF, and WAV files to audio CDs directly, and copy audio and data CDs to CD-R/RW discs directly. Lavavo CD Ripper supports full-audio CD-playback control, CDDB, MP3 ID3 v2 tagging, multiple CD-ROM drives, and CD-ROM auto-detection.
Version 5 updates the processes of protection and installation.
More Products to Consider
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert CD audio tracks into MP3, OGG, or WAV files.
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Convert your CDs to MP3s and your MP3s to WAVs.
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Convert CD tracks into MP3 or WAV format.
- Burn CD, DVD, and Blu-ray.
- Convert MP3 files into WAV format to burn your own CDs.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Rip audio CD tracks directly into MP3 or WAV files.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Extract and encode CD audio to MP3 format.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Rip, burn, and manipulate audio and data files to and from CD.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Create CD-ROM images and convert disc image files into ISO form...
- Listen to audio files with light and simple audio player from t...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
All versions:2.6 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"This one's a real Stinker! Cr*p Alert!"
Version: Lavavo CD Ripper 5
Its a pity I couldnt give it Zero!
Downloaded ok, entered the reg key for the full version.Put a Cd in my E drive to Rip, and I had a warning off my firewall that "Lavavo" Was trying to connect to my pc.I said no, then the programme froze and became useless.I had to reboot, and the same thing happened again.I hate it when you have the full version of a software and they feel the need to keep tabs on you.So the programme was useless as I could not use it.I uninstalled the junkware, and was told it was completely removed from my pc.Nope! only the short cut from my desktop was gone.The whole programme was lying in my Prog/files and I had to do a manual uninstall.Take my advice leave this pig alone.