CNET Editors' note: Download.com has chosen not to provide a direct-download link for this product and offers this page for informational purposes only.
CNET Editors' review
Passwords drive us crazy. With bank accounts, credit cards, insurance policies, social networking sites, student loans, pharmacies, and many other sites all demanding passwords, it's a lot to keep up with. LastPass for Chrome is an easy and secure way to manage passwords, and we wish we'd had it a long time ago.
LastPass has a lot of features, and it took us a little while to get acquainted with everything, but overall it's very easy to use. At first glance it may seem that LastPass doesn't do anything that you can't already do in Chrome; like LastPass, Chrome will store user IDs and passwords for you. But LastPass does much more than that. You can also have the program automatically fill in forms for you, and you can store as much information as you're comfortable with; just enter your name and address if you want, or have LastPass store your credit card and bank account information to make online shopping easier. The program also has a secure notes feature that lets you keep other sensitive information handy but safe, and a password generator that creates ironclad passwords. On the whole, we found that LastPass worked well, although it had trouble with a few sites. It couldn't handle our bank's Web site, which requires our user ID on one page and our password on another. And the log-in for our student loans requires our Social Security number, the first two letters of our last name, our birth date, and a PIN; we tried to use the form-filling feature for this, but for some reason it only filled two of the fields. These sorts of situations are a good time to use the secure note feature; the program won't auto-fill the fields for you, but at least you'll have the information close at hand. LastPass for Chrome has a comprehensive online Help file, as well as multiple helpful tutorial videos. Overall, we were quite impressed with LastPass, and we think it's a great way to simplify password management.
LastPass for Chrome installs and uninstalls without issues. We highly recommend this program to all users.
LastPass is an online password manager and form filler that makes web browsing easier and more secure. It allows you to create strong passwords, knowing you only have to remember one, log into your favorite sites with a single click, Fill forms in a second, stop pulling out your wallet to get your credit card number, securely share logins and notes with friends and let others share with you.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0.24 fixed shared folder problem where fields were incorrectly being updated and notification bar layout on some sites.
More Products to Consider
- Explore the Web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Surf the Web comfortably, relying on speed, safety, and power o...
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Try the faster browser that lets you get the most from today's ...
- View Flash multimedia content through your browser.
- Take Google's Chrome browser with you on a USB stick.
- Detect trackers and control their ability to view your online b...
- Take your bookmarks, surf internet, and experience the private ...
- Explore the Web in a safe and secure way.
- Navigate the Web with HTTPS browser that encrypts browsing sess...
- Scan for working online coupon codes during checkout while shop...
- Manage and organize your RSS feeds and TV Shows.
- Surf the Web with browser with automatic form filler, popup blo...
- Protect and manage your password's most vulnerable secrets.
- Unblock Web sites and browse securely in Google Chrome.
- Download video from Metacafe, Vimeo, Facebok, and other sites v...
- Create, store, and secure your usernames and passwords.
- Check out the latest pre-release of the upcoming Firefox.
- Manage your passwords, fill your forms, and store your data saf...
- Secure your login and password information.
- Flash Player preview version with new video hardware accelerati...
- Browse internet using a Chrome-based browser with automation fe...
- Generate passwords at any length.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
"love last pass!"
Version: LastPass for Chrome 1.75.8
it works great...blows robo form right off the net... i tried last pass and never looked back!
i used it for almost 2 years and haven't had any problems with it.
in two words... IT WORKS!
do yourself a favor, give it a try.
"RoboForm is much better"
Version: LastPass for Chrome 1.69.0
Keeps your login information
Logs you into your accounts
Makes you store your passwords on their servers, that a big no-no for me
Doesn't have many options
Noticed it did not work on all the sites I visited
I've been using RoboForm for years and I thought I'd try Lastpass. It's pretty good, but RoboForm is a much better product right now.
"Best in its class"
Version: LastPass for Chrome 1.68.16
Keeps all your passwords in one spot securely. Its free!
None that I can find
If you need a good password manager then get this one cause its the best in its class.
Version: LastPass for Chrome 1.64.4
Works good, constantly updated, you can set autofill, and auto login, password generator
None that exist, and trust me I have looked everywhere to find a flaw, they're developers are masters at what they do.
Its better than roboform by a mile stone, its faster looks better and cross browser.
"LastPass is great and better than Roboform..try it free"
Version: LastPass for Chrome 1.60.1
Easy to learn and user friendly. The design,flow of the program is outstanding.Most important you keep and are the only one that has your password. If compared this password software to currently Roboform #1, very soon LastPass will become the one.
There is nothing that I don't like. sorry
I have used Roboform for over 3 years. After using LastPass for two months I decided to drop Roboform. One cost advantage of LastPass..is free for now.
I recommend this software to any one concerned about protection and need a great password software.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content